*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855486-Metamorphisis
by aHoot
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Fantasy · #1855486
Some of my daily writing


         It is true, few remain that remember the first metamorphisis. Even fewer remember the peace that we had before it. Still, as history has shown, the disruption of peace is inevitable. It was spring time in the city and a beautiful city in spring time it was. The trees of Tel'gorath's parks and courtyards were green and blooming while long dormant flowers sprang up between the stones that paved the walk ways beneath. The city was full of hustle and bustle, as is typical for spring time. Peace had brought prosperity and gold flowed through the streets along with people of every variety. Cloudless skies left the sun to bounce off the tiles and shingles that covered the roof tops of the many buildings cluttering the Market District. Tel'gorath was in motion and growing ever larger in these times.
         Trumpets could be heard from the north where the Royal Gardens met the Market gates and from my perch on the rooftop of old man Garis' herb shop I could only just make out the gleam of the Royal Guard as they exited the gardens into the market street. The Royal Guard of Queen Morseth did not fancy themselves a joke and as such did not look the part. In fact, there was not a finer looking gaurd in all the land, or at least that's what we believed in those parts. With gold chestplates marked with the ornate designs of thier house, they marched through the market street and the townspeople quickly gave way to the queens proceeding. Morseth was a fair queen both in looks, and rule, and her people loved her for it. For me, there were none so beautiful. A kind but strong women, she led her people with an open heart and a closed fist. She was both loved and feared.
         After the guards and queen had passed, I hastily made my way to the street, and by hastily I mean that I met the ground, face to face, much quicker than I had really wanted. The streets were already clogged again and laying in the middle of the street wasn't the best way to stay in good health. I picked myself up, dust myself off, and walked through the entry to the herb shop.
         "My dear boy, you will be trampled or broken the next fall you take from my rooftop," said Garis.
         "Worth every glimpse of the fair lady!" I replied.
         "Ah, young love," he chuckled, "perhaps you will enjoy your next errand." He turned to the shelf behind the counter and picked up a rather large parsel, "this is for the queen herself, she sent for it yesterday. Run along and bring it to the palace." He placed the package on the counter. Carrying it in my hands, I could barely see around it making it very difficult to weave through the people traveling the market road. After many apologies and much grumbling, I finally made it to the gate at the Royal Garden.
         Now, I did not look particulary threatening, in fact, I looked like nothing more than I was, being a poor orphan, but the queen was a beautiful lady, an angel if you will, and our leader none the less, so the Guards called out at my approach.
         "Whoa there, young master, where is it you plan to take that over grown package?" I paused a moment. It was not often that you spoke with one of the Royal Guards and up close thier menacing halberdiers occasionaly caught the sunlight through the trees that left the gate in the shade.
         "To the fair lady, Queen Morseth!" I replied with a squeak.
         "Who are you and from where are you coming, friend?" they called once more.
         "I am Rhyserl, I work for old man Garis at the Queen's herb shop." With a step towards the gaurds, I held out the package, "She did ask for this yesterday." Of the two, one man had the mark of an officer on his chest, he reached out and took the package eying it warily. Though it was a time of peace, the Queen's guard were feverent in thier dedication to the the Queen.
         A minute passed when they other gaurd said, "Ay, I recall such a request. A bush or something." They looked at one another and the officer handed the box back, "Run along boy and if we don't see you again in an hour we'll come find you!" With a heave, they opened the gates.
         The gates themselves were a work of art, Both made of metal bars intricately woven amongst one another in a way that looked as though they were made of vines, but through theose gates was the Royal Garden, a bounty of lush spring time flowers and plants with trees scattered around. The trees were not native to Tel'gorath and held little similiarity to those outside of the gardens. They were tall, so tall that a fall from the top of its boughs would surely mean death for any who were so unfortunate. Thier large leaves and the even larger branches they were attached to created large splotches of shade beneath. The gardens were, of course, the best place for lounging about on a warm afternoon but my delivery errand to the Queen could not be forgotten.
         Beyond the gardens, were the doors to the palace which were open on a day like today and the guards stood relaxed to either side engaged in idle conversation.
         "I doubt she really knows," said the left guard. His face was rough and marked from battle and there was little hair left on his head. The other man barked a laugh before noticing me.
         "You there! Are they letting strays just wander in the front gate now?" he shouted.
         "N-no, sir, I have a package for the queen, sir." I stammered nervously.
         "Do ya now?" he said, "and what kind of package is that?"
         "From old man Garis at the Queen's herbshop."
© Copyright 2012 aHoot (ahoot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855486-Metamorphisis