*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855757-Kitty-Finds-a-Home
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #1855757
An abandoned kitten looking for a place to sleep is picked up and put into a cage.
I do not have a home. Sometimes people will pet me. Mostly they yell at me to go away. There is a nice lady at the end of the street. She feeds me sometimes. Mostly I am hungry.

Tonight is cold and windy. It is raining. Not the raindrop rain. The cold, drizzly rain. I try to find a place to get warm.

I try to stay in the box by the dumpster. There was a bigger cat there already.

I look for the garbage can by the yellow house. Someone had put it away.

I find a blanket by the door of the brown house. A man comes out to chase me away.

I creep up the stairs of the white house. There is a small porch. I am cold. I am wet. But there is no wind. I go to sleep.

“Poor kitty,” I hear someone say.

I open my eyes. A lady is looking at me. She reaches for me. I am scared. I am too cold and too tired to run. She picks me up and opens the door. She takes me into a room. It is warm.

She gives me a bowl of food. My tummy is full for the first time. I curl up in a ball to go to sleep. I am warm.

I wake up a long time later. The lady picks me up. We go for a ride in a car. The lady gives me to a tall man with a hat.

He puts me in a cage!

I see other cages with other cats. Then the man puts a blanket over my cage. I can only see out the front. The cage is small. It has a blanket and food. I do not care. I want out. I begin to cry.

“Meow! Meow!”

A little girl stops when she hears me. “Mommy, Mommy, the kitty is crying!” She puts her fingers in the cage and rubs my nose. I stop crying.

“I want this one, Mommy,” the girl says.

Mommy talks to the man with the hat. He takes me out and puts me in another cage. This one is smaller. I can barely turn around. I start to cry again.

“Do not worry. We will be home soon,” the little girl says. She puts me in a car. We start to drive. The car stops. I am carried into a house.

The girl takes me out of the cage. “Look! This is your new home.”

That night, I curl up on the girl’s pillow. I have a home. My tummy is full. I am warm. I am dry.

I AM LOVED!
© Copyright 2012 ThroughtheWall (throughthewall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855757-Kitty-Finds-a-Home