*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855853-Summer-Returns
by Kylie
Rated: E · Poetry · Environment · #1855853
This is a rhyming acrostic poem about summer.
Sweltering sunlight pushed through the moss-clothed trees and dissolved the glittering dew drops dripping from their stooped branches.

Unique insects of various species crawled sluggishly over appetising, lush leaves.

Mothering birds ushered their chicks inside their comforting nests as a proud leopard sprinted after an antelope, the two covering much land of the neighbouring ranches.

Monarch butterflies fluttered through the cloudless sky, playfully following the river weaves.

Eagles soared high in the refreshing cool air, searching for a juicy breakfast that would provide ample stamina to begin the rising day.

Restless horses galloped free spirited across the vast and uncivilized country-side.


Rattle snakes slithered across the rough terrain, their wicked eyes hunting for prey.

Emerald pools offered thirst quenching water to the animals who roamed the mountains, until the high temperatures sucked up its icy liquid and the petite dip had been dried.

Tattered clay cliffs crumbled and cracked underneath the scorching heat.

Unbothered by the burning air, forests of content and colourful trees swayed in unison, as they sung their sweet and gentle harmonic breeze.

Remote rivers gushed over the trail of miniscule pebbles that subtly ended in a field of harvesting, golden wheat.

Newly born cubs entertained themselves by chasing after innocent rabbits and swatting at passing bees.

Snow peaked mountains surrounded the glassy lake which mirrored the scenic image, daring man to attempt to climb their unsympathetic ridges.
© Copyright 2012 Kylie (kylierose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855853-Summer-Returns