*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855885-Hallion-Chapter-One
by joey
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1855885
Faith, is a monster killer, And she only has until Halloween to kill the demon
CHAPTER ONE
Twin Fall. U.S.A Present day
We past the Cemetery in the car, even in daylight it looked menacing, there were old tomb stones and grass that had grown too long, the trees over hung low, giving it an old feeling as if it had seen many hundreds of years, I wondered what dwelled there, I suspected I would soon find out.
I didn’t like graveyard, if I had the choice I would avoided them like the plague, but unfortunately for me, I couldn’t, no matter what dwelled there, staying away was not an option.
I was drawn to what rested there, I felt the need to seek them out, and then take them out.
Sometimes I think that I had spent half my life in cemetery, for someone that hated them that was a lot of time!
Then and there I decided to go tonight just to check it out, make sure I knew my way around, there was nothing worse than finding yourself in a battle situation and not knowing the lay out of the ground.
I wondered what I was going to find, didn’t really matter one lower lever Supernatural, was pretty much the same as another.
We drove on passed, and I resided myself to the knowledge that I was going to become very intermit with that Cemetery, like so many before it, I would soon know every tomb stone, every tree, and ever blade of grass. The thought burned my soul into depression, just once I’d of like to of moved somewhere that had no graveyard, but I know that it was never going to happen, I know that cemeteries and what lived there were going to be in my future. The thought was not a pleasant one.
I distracted myself, by drawing my eyes to watching the people going about their business in their houses, I sighed deeply, it depressed me even more, I wished I was someone else, or somewhere else, one of those anonymous people who had a dull boring life, people who wonted exciting life’s where mad in my opinion, I wished I had a family and the white picket fence, the whole deal, but that was not my life, never would be.
My mind drifted off wishing for thing that was never going to come true.
I had tried to leave this life behind once a long time ago, but it wasn’t meant to be, Monsters found me, and I ended up, where I had started, killing them. It didn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. Even as I was taken off, I know that it was inevitable that I would return, I had no choice, fate had deemed it so.
My life would always be lonely and complicated; Monsters dwelled in my existence, debatably, it was why I was on this earth, why I lived; all I wanted was a normal life, peaceful, tranquil, but I know that being me would never lead to those things. I was a killing machine.
I had tried to leave this life behind once, a long time ago, but it wasn’t meant to be, Monsters found me, and I ended up where I had started, killing them. Even as I was taken off, I know that it was inevitable that I would return, I had no choice, fate had deemed it so. I sometimes felt like I was an animal in a glass cage.
We pulled up outside the new house, I took a deep breath, and I got out of the car.
I looked up at our new home: It was nothing special, two stories, and white, there was a porch, a garage to the right, and a tree swing hanging from the large oak in the front garden.
Automatically Soul searched out the surrounding neighbourhood, all the house where pretty much the same, there was one that was bright yellow, a ghastly colour. I wondered if the people that lived in the yellow house were as ghastly, I suppose I would find out soon enough.
It was autumn, the trees were different kinds of reds and browns, the leaves were on the ground, there was a wintry chill to the air even thought it was a bright sunny day.
My ears caught the sound of children playing somewhere off in the distance.
A boy of about the age of ten was riding up and down the street on his bike. He was oblivious to the dangers around him; I wished I was as oblivious. I wondered what his parents were doing letting him out on his own, but then it seemed a safe neighbourhood, they always seemed safe neighbourhood. There was no danger to the average person, I however know better, I know what hid in the shadows, and I would never let my children out of my sight: I stopped that thought dead. I would never have children; I could never continue the bloodline.
A freezing whipping wind gushed around me, and I did up my jacket. I wasn’t sure if the cold sensation I felt was from the wind or because I really didn’t want to be here, but here was where we had come, a small town outside Boston, by the name of Twin Falls. The Population was just over one thousand. England was where we wherefrom originally. The UK was my home, it is where I had spent most of my life, sure I had gone to other countries, to eradicate Monsters, but England was where I had been born, where I always returned, I had never permanently moved to another country, I missed the UK already, I hadn’t wonted to come here, in fact I had used ever excuse in the book not to come, but in the end, it had been futile, the decision had gone above my head. I hated not being in charge of my own destiny. Just once I would like to be able to make my own decisions, but again I couldn’t see that happening anytime soon, apparently everyone know better than me.
I sighed deeply, I had to reside myself to the fact that this was my life now, but it didn’t mean I had to like it!
“Faith, if you have finished daydreaming, I could do with some help here” my Farther said from somewhere inside the boot of our car.
He’s a mechanic, a good one to, the best thing about him is that he has shown me everything there is to know about car’s, and I am crazy about it, I like the fact I don’t have to involve anyone else when I break down at the side of the road, and also when I tinker with cars, it helps me relax and in my life I don’t get to do that very often.
My dad was a tall man, quite muscular for a dad, he had jet black hair and bright blue eyes, that were loving and kind, he had a days’ worth of stubble on his square chin, making him look rugged and outdoorsy, I would put money on it, that back in his day, he had been a babe magnet.
“What do you want me to do?” I asked walking over to him, a big smile on my face, my farther always made me feel like smiling.
“Take this case up stairs and put it in Andy’s room.” He handed me the case, from the boot of the car
“And which room is Andy’s?” I asked taken the case from him.
He looked up and grinned at me, “which ever one you don’t choose” he winked at me in farther daughter solidarity.
“I don’t think he’s going to like that” I chuckled.
Dan raised a dark eyebrow, and diverted his gaze beyond me “then he should be here helping instead of playing on the swing” Turning in the direction Dan was looking in, my eyes fell on Andy, my brother was sitting on the tree swing, scuffing his feet in the dirt.
I rolled my eyes; my brother had a knack of getting out of any heavy duty work. Well he deserved getting a crap room as far as I was concerned.
“Faith you better get going before he realises what going on right under his nose” Dan smirked at me.
My dad was great!
I grinned back, and picked up the case, I headed towards the house, and opening the front door, I could see the stairs were right in front of me: I headed up them. observeing my new surrounding as I went.
This was the first time I had been in the house, it seemed bright and airy, everywhere I look was cream Magnolia or white, I didn’t see the colour scheme changing any time soon, what was the point? The longest we had every stay anywhere was two years. Why bother spending good hard cash on something that wasn’t going to last, I didn’t much care for my surroundings, one place to bed down was pretty much the same as another. I had never had a home; a house I live in yes, but never a place I could call home, probably, because I didn’t stay in one place long enough to grown roots and bind ties. Always on the run that was me, I had lived in many houses exactly like this. The only difference was this one wasn’t in England.
The living room was at the back of the house, from what I could see of it from the bottom of the stair, it was quite big, with patio doors leading to the back garden. To my left I could see a large kitchen with a large round kitchen table.
In no hurry I walked up the stairs, feeling the banister with my hand as I went, drinking in my surroundings.
I reached the top, where there was a door to the right and one directly in front, I dropped the suitcase at the top of the stairs, easier to walk around like that, then I opened the room to the right, the master bedroom, mum and dads room. I took up one side of the house, I went in and walked around, it was over the garage, I could tell as I looked out the large window that looked out on to the front.
Walking back out, the door in front I discovered was a bathroom.There was a room to the left, I walked across the upstairs hallway and opened it, it was a large enough room, but not as big as I would like, it had a window on the back wall that looked out on to the back garden, there was no Bathroom, I left the room turning to my right, I carried on walking down the hall to the front of the house, the last door was at the end of the hallway, I opened it, the room that over looked the front garden, it was large and it also had a bathroom: I was sold.
This was going to be my room, I like to be able to see what was coming, and there was a large double window on the front wall, you couldn’t see any better than that. I also had a window on the right wall, easy access to come and go. This room was perfect for me.
Walking back out, I went too picked up the suitcase and took it into Andy’s room. Dropping the suitcase just inside the room, I then headed back to my new room, pleased that I had gotten to it before Andy. It was probably going to cause problems later, but my motto is you snooze you lose!
Wonting to take a proper looked around, and get a feel for the place, so when the time came I could act efficiently. Knowing my surroundings would help me a great deal. Number two rule when in battle always know the battlefield, it could mean the difference between life and death.
They were my rule for fighting, I lived through battle because of them. There were five altogether and they kept me alive.
Walking over to the large window and looking out on to the front garden, my family was unpacking, my Dad had gotten Andy finally to help him to unload the car, a smile curved me lips at the sight, it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach, it wasn’t very often that I could watch a lovely family seen like this, these moment were few and far between, I watched them for a moment more, relishing in the fact I had a pretty amazing family, they really had to be to put up with me!
Then I turned and walked towards the walk in closet, I opened the door. I wanted to see how big it was.
“Hi” said a dead girl.
© Copyright 2012 joey (jayzia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855885-Hallion-Chapter-One