*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1856180-Nameless-Attraction
by ML
Rated: E · Fiction · Teen · #1856180
Just something I wrote out of boredom, give me a review if you want :)
The night air was cool and crisp on his back, as the young man in the black jeans stood on the balcony. The party inside was noisy, loud, overcrowded, everything that made him uncomfortalbe. The blacony, a dark but also lit by outdoor lamps, was a perfect retreat from the drunken partiers while they consumed more booze and proceeding, thereafter, to press more and more people into the tiny space, almost in an attempt to condense themselves into a single dunken cube. They almost disgusted him sometimes, and he typically avoided them. The only reason he was there was for the boy.

Ah, always a boy though. Same reason he'd managed to get into a car accident that left a scar on his left shoulder, same reason he stayed up into the waking hours of the morning, hoping for some kind of recognition from the one he crushed on so desperately, and the same reason he was at this dread of an occasion. There he was, inside, walking towards the door, looking cramped and uncomfortable. He's walking out the door, what do you say when something this perfect comes along? What is it? It has to be something nice and funny, something that makes you seem interesting.

"Hi," said the young boy on the balcony. Hi. How much more plain could someone become at this point.

"Hey, it was really crowded inside, and I saw you out here, just wanted to tell you thanks for coming even though I just met you."

"Oh, it's no problem, you seemed pretty cool."

"So did you." He walked over to the balcony with him. He moved closer and smiled as a small, cool breeze came over and made the first boy shiver a little.

"Are you cold? We can go inside if you want, the upstairs is pretty empty if you want to watch a movie or something," The second said, tilting his head and brushing his brown hair out of his deep blue eyes.

"No, it's okay, I like it with you- I mean out here with you, not that it has to be you but it's nice that it is you an-" the boy in the black jeans tried to spit out, but he was cut off by the sweet blue eyed one with a sudden kiss. It seemed to last forever, that kiss underneath the moonlight on the back balcony, and neither wanted it to ever end. They held the kiss for what seemed to be an eternity, slowly pulling away.

The shy boy turned bright red when his senses kicked back in and he realized what had happened, but he still slid his fingers between the other set of fingers and started out into the starry sky with him. The night air blew onto them both as they stood in the moonlight of that fateful night, and as the party ended and guests left, they stayed. As the night drew to complete darkness they retreated inside, and as they kissed goodnight on the front porch, never had such speechless time been so well spent with an unnamed other.
© Copyright 2012 ML (justmylife180 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1856180-Nameless-Attraction