*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1856192-The-Medusa-Murders
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kronos
Rated: · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1856192
Flash Fiction

THE MEDUSA MURDERS

The streets of the ancient city were becoming strewn with statues, all men of various ages and appearance with their mouths twisted in horror and their eyes brimming with fear. A mysterious artist would deposit a statue a night, all of which were the likenesses of men would had disappeared the night before.

She called herself Medusa, after the snake-haired monster from Greek legend, whose visage was so terrible it would chill the blood of all who gazed upon it, turning them into solid stone. They would remain conscious, but trapped within stone unable to speak or move and would stay that way for an eternity.

Hardly supernatural, she was instead a gifted stone carver who could forge a complete, life-sized statue in the space of a day, while her victims died in horrible pain. The following nights she would load her creations in a horse and buggy and cart them to various parts of the city where she displayed her work and vanished into the night, in search of her next victim.
© Copyright 2012 Kronos (jondwelland at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1856192-The-Medusa-Murders