*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1856441-being-the-other-woman
Rated: 18+ · Other · Drama · #1856441
a novel about being in love with a married man and the consquences which go with it...
It was another lonely start to the weekend for Gemma,the joys of involving herself with a married man she thought to herself yet again. It was a beautiful summers day and all Gemma could hear outside her living room window was the sound of people having fun. She had finished work a hour ago,leaving behind the love of her life her married boss. Gemma was a receptionist in a busy solicitors and Jake was a partner in the firm "bailey & co" he was also married to sarah and father to 5 year old twin boys. Gemma sighed to herself and stood up from the sofa and looked in the mirror above the fireplace she was tall,slim and pretty with long straight black hair and big green eyes. She couldve of had her pick of men but she had met Jake 3 years ago when she had started at "baileys & co" and one thing had to led to another and she had fallen madly in love with him and now here she was again lonely on a friday evening while Jake played happy families. The phone started to ring Gemma went and picked it up "hello?" she asked "hey Gem! what you upto tonight?" asked her best friend Mel. "ummmm... nothing" Gem replied as she sat back down on the worn cream sofa picking up her i phone to check and see and hoping that Jake might of sent her a text message. "Come out and play Gem, we off into town for drinks and maybe onto a club!" Mel said. "ummm i dunno?? what if Jake calls?" Gem answered. "for gods sake woman,hes at home with her while your own your own,i really do not understand why you are wasting your time on him!! you should come out and meet someone who can be with you 100%" Mel said. Gem sighed she heard this from Mel nearly everytime they spoke "i love him Mel,i dont want anyone else" Gem said "but i will come up just to shut you up,what time? and where is everyone meeting?" they finished the call with Gemma arranging to meet at 8pm in a bar in the city centre. Before Gemma knew it was 745pm and she was in the taxi heading for the bar. she arrived there before dark eyed Mel and the other 2 girls who were coming so she entered the noisy busy bar and pushed her way to the bar to get a drink. she ordered her usual diet coke and vodka and looked around to see if there was anywhere for her to park her behind as she was scanning the crowded pub she made eye contact with a dark haired,dark eyed man. woah hes goodlooking she thought.. then shook her head mentally removing the thought i love jake i love jake she mantred to herself under her breath. "hey girlfriend!! didnt wait for us then" shouted Mel as she came over to Gem with 2 dark haired girls straggling behind her,Sarah and Jo. "hi ladies" Gem shouted back "i got here early so i already got myself a drink" they all pushed there way to the bar and mel,sarah and jo ordered their drinks. Gem again looked over to the table where the goodlooking dark haired guy was sat and he was watching her she quickly looked away. "why have you gone red? Gem?" Mel asked "whos caught your eye?" she laughed. "nobody silly!!" Gem replied but as she turned the dark haired guy was right behind her. "hi" he said "do you come here often?" then laughed "i know i know lame chat up line,my names sam. whats yours?" Gem blushed again "its Gemma" she said. "we are going to go and see if his mates are any good" Mel whispered into Gems ear "we will leave you to it" Gem panicked "errrrr dont leave!" but it was too late she was watching their backs as they headed over to the table where a group of noisy men sat so it was just her and Sam. "shit" she thought. "so gem.. you single?" sam asked. how did gem answer that as she wasnt officially in a relationship but she wasnt single eithier... "its complicated" she replied "im sorter seeing someone but its complicated" "oh right like that is it" sam said "do you think i could have your number though?" gem thought there could be no harm in that and tapped her number into his phone it wasnt like she was going to answer if he called was it. Sams friends were leaving so sam said "i gotta go and i will give you a bell soon,we can go out for a drink sometime" with that he left.Gem and her friends ended up dancing the night away drinking to much. CHAPTER TWO: Gem woke up to the sound of her i phone ringing... she thrust her hand out from the under the duvet to retrieve it from her bedside table... jakes name flashed up on the screen christ what time is it she thought "hi baby" she answered "ive been calling and calling for the last hour... where were you??" jake demanded. gem sat up in bed "i was sleeping,i went out with the girls last night and didnt get in til late" she replied. "oh,did you have a good time?"jake asked.. "it was ok" gem said "missed you though, how comes your calling on a saturday morning? wheres sarah?" "shes taken the twins swimming,i thought i could come over and see you for half hour"jake said.. "what now?" gem said "yeah i could be with you in 20 minutes" gem agreed and they hung up and she jumped out of bed,shit shit shit she thought to herself i look a right state why does he have to do this sneak me in for a half hour visit am i not worth more than that. she quickly jumped in the shower then cleaned her teeth and pulled a brush through her hair and thought that will have to do as the buzzer went.. she buzzed him in and went into the kitchen to make coffee. jake walked into the flat and into the kitchen and put his arms around gem "mmmmmmm good morning gorgeous" he said " lets forget the coffee and go to bed" jake was 6ft 3 blonde haired blue eyed hunk of a man.. "is that all you come round to see me for" gem sighed "course not,but i cant help myself whenever im around you.. its like you put a spell on me" laughed jake. yeah yeah more like she doesnt give it to you at home so you come here for it gem thought.. jake started nibbling her neck and putting his hands up her t-shirt rubbing her nipples between his fingers "i bet your already wet for me" he whispered into her ear as his hand slid down her stomach and in between her legs..she moaned and pushed herself against his probing fingers.. half hour later they were both lying naked in gemmas bed "you totally blow my mind gem gem you are one hell of a woman" jake said "jakey when you going to tell her? i hate this.. i want to spend weekends with you be with you properly.." gem said "soon baby soon" jake replied as he looked at his watch "ive gotta run she will be home soon" with that he jumped out of bed and pulled on his clothes and kissed her quickly on the mouth "will call you if i can,if not i will see you at work on monday".... "love you" gem said but all she heard was the front door slamming shut. so here she was on a saturday afternoon alone again while jake ran off to his family life while she felt used and abused.. the tears slid slowly down her cheeks she was a strong woman her mother had brought her up to be like that after her father had dissappeared when gem was 10 years old so why was she letting jake run rings around her.. making her feel so shit. she sighed and ran through a mental list in her head of who she could call to arrange to meet up today so she wouldnt have to spend time with her lonliness and thoughts.
© Copyright 2012 bettyboop1979 (bettyboop1979 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1856441-being-the-other-woman