*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1856854-Elementals-Child-of-Dust
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Sparks
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fanfiction · #1856854
All inspiration for this 4 part piece goes to the band Thrice. The piece goes last.
Forward: DISCLAIMER some lyrics taken from Thrices' song "Child of Dust" and all inspiration comes from them. I give them full credit.


                                                                                      Child of Dust

                                The very land your born to walk. The very voice that taught you to talk. The supplier of you bread, your meat; the greens from which my crown you eat. Supplied you not your spirit, but your shape.
                    And though I only ever gave you love, like every child you've chosen to rebel. I've seen the waste you pour into my waves; I've felt the sting of your poisons in my air; I've heard the cry of fire as it burns my face; all from the touch of you - my children's hands.
                    But child of dust you mother now returns. Soon you'll learn to respect the ground from which you came. I'll show you lessons you should now know. Your punishment will be a harsh one. But that, my job, though hard, must be done - and only by the hands which chaos was born.
                                                                      For dear prodigal you are my son.
© Copyright 2012 Sparks (sparkii at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1856854-Elementals-Child-of-Dust