*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857545-Diary-Of-a-Teenage-Mum
by Dannie
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Other · #1857545
A teenage mum, lonely, no dad, will she find love?
November 26th 2002-

It’s snowing outside, the front yard of my house is covered in a white blanket. I live in a two story house in England, my front yard is quite small with a fence around the edge, my back yard is a bit bigger then the front although the space is taken up by my daughters play set. The house is quite modern; most of the rooms have the same décor.

The living room has cream wallpaper and a white carpet. There is a beige couch in the middle of the room; it faces the wall which has a flat screen TV on. Just in front of the couch is a glass coffee table which stands on a black rug. There are photo’s hanging on the wall of me and my daughter.

Our bedrooms are pretty much the same; we both have purple wallpaper and pink carpets, a princess bed and our own TV. The only difference is that mine has a computer and work stuff where as my daughters has a dolls house and a little table which she use’s when she wants to draw.

We haven’t lived in this house long, only about six months. We moved into this house because it was the one my mother picked for us to live in seem so she told me I couldn’t live with her. I’m a single mum as my daughters dad left me when I fell pregnant. I’m only 17, that’s just why my mum disowned me. The night she found out that I was pregnant she packed my bags and told me she was going to find me a house to live in on my own. I still remember our “conversation” as she called it.

*flash back*

“Mum I have to tell you something. But don’t get mad ok?” I said as we sat on the couch in the living room, where we always sat when we had a serious conversation.

“Ok I promise.” She said calmly. I knew she was going to get mad anyway.

“i-i-m pregnant.” I stated. I watched her face turn angry.

“You’re what!!” she shouted.

“Pregnant. Mum you promised you wouldn’t get angry.” I said worriedly.

“Screw the promise.” She snapped “I want you out this house now!” she shouted as she stood up and walked quickly to my room.

I followed her all the way up and watched her throw my things into a suitcase.

“I’m going to ring the hotel and you are going to stay there until I find you a nice house you can live in.” she said with anger.

“But mum-“

“No butt’s I don’t care what you have to say!” she snapped as she picked up my suite case and carried it down stairs. You could hear her footsteps loud and clear as she stomped down them.

“Take this suite case and go to Golden Wings hotel. That’s where you will be staying till I find you a house.” She said as she handed me the suite case and pushed me out the door.

“Mum you cant-“she cut me of by slamming the door.

That was the last time me and my mum spoke.

*end flash back*

My daughter and I live here happily. She was born just after my 16th birthday exactly two months after I was thrown out. Most people would think a teenage mum wouldn’t be able to cope but I have had experience before. I got used to having to look after my self and my younger sister. I work in a restaurant down town while my daughter is at nursery, it’s pays well and because I don’t have to pay anything but the bills my daughter is quite spoilt but I say she deserves the best.

It was her birthday today. The only card she got was of me, my pathetic mother didn’t even bother to send her only granddaughter a card. Her dad doesn’t want anything to do with us, sure he had other reasons to leave me but he doesn’t even want to see his daughter. He doesn’t even give me money to help look after her.

My daughter has just turned one. She has light brown hair which is naturally curly, light blue eyes and the cutest smile you will ever see. She is always really happy and loves to play out side, even when it’s cold. She struggles to make friends though as she always keeps to her self, other mums have asked me if there is something wrong with her but there isn’t she is just shy.

Well it’s nearly 10P.M and my daughter is nicely tucked up in her warm princess bed. I’m sat down stairs on the couch with the TV playing in the background. It does get quite lonely around here when she is in bed but I have found ways to occupy my mind so I don’t dwell on them thoughts.

Its Wednesday tomorrow so my little angel is at nursery and i’m at work. I only wait tables and take orders while i’m there but the tips are quite good. I don’t work weekends as I can’t get a babysitter to look after my daughter, the weekends I spend with my daughter we always do something fun.

I should really be getting to bed by now but I love to write in my diary it’s a way of getting everything of my chest. No two days are the same I always say. Sometimes I wish I could spend my days with someone I love but I don’t know if that day will ever come. I know i’m young but I have given up hope on finding my one true love. My best friend once told me that if you stop looking you will find your perfect match. Yeah that worked for her but now I don’t even speak to her anymore, I have no one but my lovely daughter.

Well I guess its time to hit the hay. Ill see what tomorrow brings.
November 27th 2002-

Well I have just put my little princess to bed; she’s had a long day at nursery. She did finger painting, lots of drawings, played in the sand pits and played with her little friends. She loves being at nursery but she hates me leaving her. For the first couple of days that she started I had to sit with her for a couple of hours. The teachers there say she is a joy to work with although she is quiet.

I had a good day at work today I got a few good tips and meet someone really nice. All I had to do today at work was take peoples orders. Surprisingly a lot of the people that come all like the same foods: the young people like the waffles, the adults like the English breakfast and the elderly people like a Sunday roast but without beef.

While I was waiting tables this one person caught my eye, he looked about twenty, he had black spiky hair, he wore blue and white shorts that showed off his toned legs and he wore a light blue t-shirt that showed of his arms. When I went up to him and asked what he wanted to order he looked up at me and looked over my body staring intently.

*flash back*

“Hello sir, what would you like to order today? Our special is fried chicken and chips with a side salad.” I said smiling. I noticed that he was scanning over my body smiling at what he was seeing. I coughed to make him look up at me.

“Uh hi sorry. Id like to have the waffles with chocolate syrup please.” He said politely.

“Okay sir, anything else?” I questioned.

“Yeah just one thing. When do you end your shift?” he asked while his cheeks started to tint a shade of pink.

“Well i'm on my break in about ten minutes?” I questioned smiling.

“Okay that’s fine.” He said giving me a flirty smile.

I walked back to the kitchen to give the chef his order; I couldn’t stop smiling I bet I looked like an idiot. After I gave the chef his order I went to go get some more peoples orders and before I knew it, it was time for my break. I hung up my little apron and walked back other to the mans table. I sat down opposite him feeling shy all of a sudden.

“Well.” I said to break the silence.

“Okay i’m going to cut to the chase, I like you. I walk past here every day and see you waiting tables in your mini apron looking ever so cute,” he winked “i've wanted to ask you for a while now but only just got the courage so.” He took a deep breath and said “would you like to go on a date with me?”

I watched his face to see if he was being serious, he was blushing which told me he was. The smile grew twice as big as it was before and I couldn’t help but feel giddy.

“Yes. When and were?” I asked feeling like I was fifteen again.

For the rest of my break we just sat there discussing where he was going to take me and when he would be picking me. I was so excited that I had to stop my self from skipping back to take peoples orders.

*end flash back*

I can’t believe that someone actually asked me out while I was working, it is a bit cliché but what the hell I don’t mind. I haven’t told him that I have a daughter yet so I hope that when I tell him he doesn’t leave me straight away; every lad has done that so far. I need to find a babysitter for my daughter before this weekend.

He is picking me up at seven and taking me to this fancy restaurant that my mother used to take me to when I was younger. He told me that a special lady like me deserves to be taken somewhere special. I told him how old I am and he is ok with it, he is twenty-one so I wasn’t far off with my guess. He kept complimenting me and called me sweetie when I had to get back to work. My heart missed a beat when I just thought about him. He said he is coming to see me again at work tomorrow.

When I got home from work today I went and picked up my little angel. We came home and I cooked tea for us, we had our favourite macaroni and cheese. Her face lights up whenever I say we are having Mac and cheese for tea.

*flash back*

“Hey angel, guess what we are having for tea tonight?” I asked angel as we walked through our front door.

“What are we having mummy?” she asked in her high pitched voice.

“Your favourite, macaroni and cheese.” I said smiling at her as we walked towards the kitchen.

“Yey mummy you’re the best.” She screamed as she ran as fast as her little legs could carry her towards the kitchen. When I walked into the kitchen she was stood in front of the kitchen island jumping up and down with her arms stretched up trying to reach the top. I lifted her up and sat her on the island.

“Can I watch you cook mummy?” she asked looking giddy.

“Sure angel.” I said gleaming at her as I ruffled her hair.

*end flash back*

Well its getting kind of late and I need to get my beauty sleep. I’m still really excited about seeing him again. I’m sat here watching time tick by, my TV is playing in the background but i’m not really watching it. I think I might go get a little snack before I good to bed tonight. I hope tomorrow goes as well as today did (touch wood) well I’ll have to wait and see. I’m going to be going to bed with a huge smile on my face.
© Copyright 2012 Dannie (dannienimz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857545-Diary-Of-a-Teenage-Mum