*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857578-The-Dream-of-a-Stranger
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Emotional · #1857578
Grace Grey is a wealthy girl but why be rich when you find no joy in money?
Chp 1

“Hey buddy, its bring your kid to work day and since you’re my only child-“

“Please don’t make me go.” My father could be so antagonizing

“C’mon kid I never get to spend time with you. Why not now?” my dad gave me his cheesy trademark smile.

“You only want to take me because mom was yelling at you yesterday.” I said

His face gloomed a bit

“How about this; if you come with me to work tomorrow, you’ll have school off that whole day.”

Hm? No school? Sounds like a plan to me.

“Fine.” I replied

His face brightened up “Oh, that’s mah gurl! Come here.” He hugged me tight.

While he held me my thoughts flew around in circles. Fraud, liar, cheater, I hate people like you. Well, I never did like my dad.

My dad was the owner of a cooperation called Salvation Central. Salvation Central is a group of hospitals (all with the same name) that are spread around the country. They all belonged to my father. He’s made tons of money from the hospitals but to him there’s no such thing as too much money.

My dad noticed that I was day dreaming so he nudged me on the head.

“Hey, kid you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Though, for the day I was a little stressed.

My family is an extremely rich family full of doctors, attorneys, engineers, and idiots……

Today I planned to have a peaceful day alone but that didn’t seem possible. I had gotten a detention because I was “accused” of pushing Jamaal Roger (some 5 year old brat) down a flight of stairs. I did it but they couldn’t decide whether I did it or not but either way she deserved it. She decided that it was ok to stick a sticker on my back. Never found out what it said but I didn’t like it when people do things to me that I don’t approve of. I did feel a little mean but the thing that gave me away was my accidental grin. It was an accident.

My mother sent me to a rich kid school because she thinks that I need to make friends of “my own kind”. When I was seven, I went to a normal kid school but people were scared to talk to me. The new school I go to is called Capsule middle school and for a middle school with only three classes, it is extremely large. All the kids at my school are dramatic and attend school like they’re in high school. They all argue of relationships, fight, make out, and join “gangs”. I’m the only actual middle schooler in their minds and to tell the truth, I wouldn’t want to have it any other way.

My one and only virtue in life is silence. I just wish that I could somehow create a world all to myself. I know it sounds selfish but no one has really viewed the world from my eyes.

When I get home I grab a snack and go to my room. There’s nothing productive to do besides my homework so I do my homework. After that I usually go up to the roof of my house and sit by myself. It seems to be the only place where silence exists (except when the planes fly by) by time the sun drops, I go inside. Usually Ms.Camearah would cook me dinner. She’s a very sweet maid of ours and she raised me more than my parents have. When I talk to her about my problems, she talks to me in a way that I can understand. It’s like a secret language that only we can understand. Though the only thing that worries me is that my father thinks it’s time for her to retire. Isn’t retirement a decision a choice you make on your own?

Once it was bed time I had laid in my bed and Ms.Camearah sat in a chair besides my bed

“Grace, something must be bothering you. You were so tranquil during dinner and it really worried me…. What’s the matter?”

“Please, not today Ms.Camearah…” I turned my body away from her.”

“Ms.Grace, your stubborn attitude won’t move me.” That’s the only thing I truly hat about her. When I’m in the most pain, when I just wish I could be all alone, when I want to disappear, she decides to appear out of nowhere and make me happy.

“Pleas just give me some guidance.” She begged

I gave in “tomorrow my father is taking me to his job.”

“You don’t sound very simulated about it.”

“It’s because I’m not.”

“Give your father some credit, at least he’s trying.”

“Pft. My mom forced him to. I’m not gonna go to his job just so he can avoid me some more.”

Ms.Camearah laid her hand on my head “You’ve gotten cold towards him. He’s held his hand out for and now it’s your time to do the same. Take the chance while you go it.”

I threw my blanket over my face “Goodnight Ms.Camearah….”

She moved her hands from my heads and walked away from my bed and to the light switch.

“Sweet dreams Ms.Grace...”

© Copyright 2012 Arachnophobia (cloewillow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857578-The-Dream-of-a-Stranger