*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857614-Dad
Rated: E · Assignment · Emotional · #1857614
As you can guess, this is about my Dad- written to overcome all our problems.
His hair was always interestingly tousled although shamefully receding. Dull black in places and scattered with the odd silver hair, shorter on the sides and longer on the top. His height was his best feature. The tall stature he adorned often gave people the wrong message.
Arrogance? Skin occasionally red with anger, but always pale from a lack of exposure and reluctance to adventure out. Once handsome, his face had gained weight in places that now unfortunately disguised his inherited traits. That once strong and pronounced jaw was now hiding away, just like his emotions. Years of physical activity distorted his nose out of shape; nobody knows how it is supposed to look. Although his stories were obvious and unmistakable by the pain contained behind his eyes, he had decided to tattoo them upon his skin. Faded black and grey ink had spread, sunken and escaped throughout his body and only left the remains of that memory behind.
He had an undeniable ability with women. Too easily committed, he was married multiple times before... each as unsuccessful as the one before it. His nautical, naval based training had possibly caused his unrational phobias. Claustrophobia, Aquaphobia and Thanatophobia took their toll on his falsely strong appearance that he too often hid behind and withdrew the childlike abilities he actually possessed. But no one could deny his creativeness. Like all true artists, the only way you could begin to understand what goes on inside is by observing their expressive art work. His form of escapism created an ache on your inside that meant he had succeeded. Succeeded at gaining the love he had always searched for. Love he will always search for.
© Copyright 2012 NormaJean (normajean94 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857614-Dad