*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1858236-Query-Letter
by gacoky
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1858236
Query for "Beautiful Sacrifice"
How do you love if you were never taught?

My name is Garon Hanson and my novel, Beautiful Sacrifice, tries to answer that very question.

    Far too many times children grow up in a house of fear rather than a house of love, and my father’s house was sadly the former. He is the inspiration for many things in my life, and unfortunately his childhood inspired this story.

    Alexander City is known for two things, Russell Mills and Lake Martin, but for Michael Shepard, the town is known for the innocence that was taken from him. Shep to all that have met him, his day to day life reflects that of a man that would do for others before he would for himself, but hidden from everyone except his brother, lies a lifetime of running… that is until a cup a coffee and a phone call brought Katy Anderson into his life. Some call it fate, others call it coincidence, but for Shep, it was a chance for healing. Both struggle with the word love, but their difference is what brings them together. It wasn’t easy for either of them to face their past, but in order for them to have any hope of a future together, that is exactly where they must begin, and as Shakespeare once wrote, “The course of true love never did run smooth.”

    Many people take love—genuine, unconditional love—for granted, but it is something that I cherish. Yes, my father was the inspiration for this story, but more so, he is the inspiration for the man that I want to become. It wasn’t easy for him, but just as, Beautiful Sacrifice, shows us, it’s possible, and possible breeds hope, and hope breeds love.

    The manuscript, completed at 56,000 words, was written with not only today's fast pace society in mind, but also the cost effectiveness of a shorter novel. With time becoming more precious than it ever has, and wallets becoming emptier that they ever have, Beautiful Sacrifice, gives readers enough time to slip away into the lives of Katy and Shep without pulling them away from their day to day responsibilities—family most importantly—and it also provides them a more cost effective means for several hours of entertainment.

Sincerely,

Garon Hanson
© Copyright 2012 gacoky (gacoky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1858236-Query-Letter