*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859162-One-Two-Three-Wooden-Man
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1859162
My first short story, when I was 19 years old about a youngman's remarkable life - edited.
         This is a real, fantastic story about a wooden man who is really alive. A Walt Disney Picture of Malaysia, a penny for your thoughts now babe, and a man that made of wood?? What is really happened... ? Is this the craziest staff ever made or something? No, would be the answer. As long as the story doesn't go on till the end, no one actually will know what is going to happen next. Since the world is getting smaller and busier, we'd better hurry up with the beginning of this story...


         In the time frame that I can still remember, just as long as those memories are still remained in my brain. There was a man, a simple and ordinary man ever exists, named "The Wooden Man". The one who really made up this story and maybe going to bring you a whole lot of surprises. I guess you will think, for what reason this character was named "The Wooden Man"? Why? Can't tell you now, but the further story development would make you believe. However, his life was not as just ordinary as what has been mentioned. Ironically, it was just like a movie that you might have watched somewhere in the cinema. This guy seems got a great expectation that no one will ever think of. And I can say I believed that even The Wooden Man was not so sure and confident enough with his plan too. How come a man with a great expectation can be uncertained with his plan? I think, maybe there were some obstacles or problems surrounding this wooden man, or maybe he decided to quit before he was started, or maybe something that you can imagine could have happened to him... the list goes on. Oh God! Would he find the solution? No one knows, not even The Wooden Man.


         This wooden man was started his life with a big bunch of question marks. It was a long and pity story to tell you. The Wooden Man came faces a lot of 'unknown'. For instance, He wouldn't know how to live his life to the fullest like others did. He wouldn't know how to develop his potential that he got to make his dreams come true. He wouldn't know how to make himself with confidence and prosperity. He wouldn't know how ... And there was only no one can tell him or guide him what he should do with his life. It was seems like all the Goddess had forgotten him. Fortunately, the wooden man still has a little bit of wisdom and a some perceptuality. So, all he can do was to try his best to figure out every trial behind the question marks that he encountered. And then the next thing was applying what he found of the trials on his real life. This is how his life could be sustained in a not-so-lucky way. But as you know the figuration usually take time and it always did. Consequently, The Wooden Man spent a lot of his times, twilight of many years living in maze, just to figure out the treasures of life. And this is what his life used to be at his quite early age.


         Besides all those unhappiness and disappointment, I believed, everybody had his or her glorious moments in their life too, though maybe it was just a little while. A little while of their precious moment that enlightened their miserable lives. And so was this wooden man. He was really owned his unforgetable moments of glory too. Maybe you believe maybe you not. This wooden man was pretty smart and talented during his primary education scenes. This is just exactly the ironic side of him against his weird nickname. Certainly you will think that this wooden man might be a little bit stupid (or very ...) due to his funny name. But, I have to tell you this, he did very well in his studies and flying color is what we used to describe his efforts. Even his parents were very proud of him too, because he did. Furthermore, he was very fun to hang out with and he had a lot of friends around him, boys and girls, yound and old. So, he was enjoying his young little life very much and living his days happily every single moment. Besides this, he was very much an active and naughty boy too. He was Dennis the menace in his class. Sometimes, he would make the girls cried out a river and sometimes he would fight with his fellow friends over tiny little things. It was all the usual and playful tricks that he and his buddies used to play in their happy days. They were just getting along with each other very close and very well. No one would care about what could be happened tomorrow.


         It was not the end at all until his secondary school. The world began to seem like changing to The Wooden Man, at a very slow pace, very slowly, not noticeable. And The Wooden Man was not aware about it and just be what he used to be in the days that come. But, there was something different from the past. The Wooden Man had stopped practise what he had to, even himself did not know since when. Till then, he never got improvement of himself anymore. He was just playing and fooling around. Everybody knows, time goes very fast, and it is never stopped, he will just keep on running the way it is. And The Wooden Man had losing his glorious moment little by little, inches by inches. I should say that that the lost of glory and prosperity means the symptoms of retrogression of that person, just like the bright and beautiful colours faded away from an old cloth. Many years later, The Wooden Man had became a totally lousy person, no matter from the inside or from the outside. For those who were with him once had left his league, even his buddies, because he was not as powerful and masterful as the past anymore, he was no longer had the leadership to make himself to take charge among his league, almost an empy shell was what he got at the end. Frankly, describing him as the hopeless loser in the world was no longer a more that deserved statement, because he had already forgotten the meaning and feeling of triumph. That's why he had to waste so much time to face all those question marks at the beginning of his life.


         No matter what, The Wooden Man had failed at the very beginning of his life. When the moment he felt that everything he did was not as what as he expected, he gradually and began to realize. The crueliness of reality really depressing and torturing him for years. Especially when there were problems appeared in his family and seems like the problems were growing serious days after days, all of the sudden it was just like adding the salt onto the wound. The pressure that he suffered at that moment was really killing him and putting him into grave. Because of all these happenings, the wooden man had become silent and did not feel like to talk to anybody anymore.


         Was he still attractive in his way of living? I don't know. I do not know how long it is supposed to be. The Wooden Man had been silent for quite a long time until it almost became a part of him. He turned to talk very little and also very hard to express himself. He afraid to talk even to stay in public and make friends because he had losing his confidence and faith. At the same time, for those who were envying The Wooden Man once also had took the chance to stand against him and trying to bring him down, because they felt that he was no more a threaten to them anymore. This was exactly what those wicked fellows like to do, just like a scorpion, always has something from the back to attack you. Now everyone, maybe you too might think that this guy already finished for his own sail of life. And this guy should be disappeared from the earth very soon. Ironically, things happened sometimes. Maybe you believed in miracle maybe you are not. Just at the moment he felt so too upset, helpless and full of regrets, and wondering how come there was only nothing he can do for his salvation, and desperation was what he got all along, The Wooden Man unintentionally discovered something interesting. Unexpectably, he found that there was always someone seems like taking cares, worry and admired about him, girl-friend is what I mean here contently. In addition, there were quite a few of them and they were just around of him. they are from different places where The Wooden Man had been to, and they were always lookind at him. Luckily, it sounded like The Wooden Man was not really alone actually. It was something so amazing and surprising to hit the earth. The Wooden Man was so glad to found this truth and felt such a great gratitude to those friends that kept on giving their supports to him along the way. He was really thanking them from the deepest part of his heart. He really wanted to be with them. However, he couldn't give any response to any of those girl-friends because The Wooden Man still got a lot of important things to deal with. Since his spirit and energy had came alive when he found out the hidden supports around. He made up his mind. Now, he regained his confidence and courage again. Then, The Wooden Man was ready and decided to take back the castle from evil person and continue pursuing his dreams he once hadm. Because he knew that there was someone in the world still be with him. He couldn't let them down.


         Since that happiest day the wooden man ever had, he named himself "The Wooden Man" because he felt that he could only give no responses to any of the girl-friends and just walked away from them. He felt so sad and no choice anyway. Because he knew that if he let any of the girls to be with him, the girl would also suffered. Thus, the wooden man will give his response when the day he is succeed. And this is how was The Wooden Man be named.
- End of part one.
© Copyright 2012 Jeffrey Quah (jeffrey_quah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859162-One-Two-Three-Wooden-Man