*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859551-Strange-dream-I-had
Rated: E · Other · Nature · #1859551
Dream I had of an unseen tornado closing in on me.
I was walking down the street, the weather was warm and sunny, beautiful out. I was just walking towards my house, not really thinking of anything, when suddenly a feeling of doom came over me. The feeling was so strong I stopped walking, stopped enjoying the day and felt as if I wanted to cry. I turned around and looked at the sky.

Though it had been clear and blue only a moment ago, it was now a yellow-green type of sky. The wind began to blow and then just as suddenly it stopped and was calm. I knew trouble was near. I realized I was still very far away from home, and considered stopping at one of the houses to phone home to have someone come and pick me up. Though I knew people inside probably were laughing a tme as I ran, I ran as fast and as hard as I could. I could barely breathe and yet if felt as if I were moving in slow motion and had barely gotten any closer to home.

I’m not sure why I decided not to stop, I passed at least three houses of people I knew who would help me. I was only a block away when the wind began to blow, and the sky went from yellow to dark, I knew then as the wind knocked me down in front of the stone mailbox in someone’s yard that it was a tornado. I used the mailbox to stand up and began to run in that strange slow motion run again. I was terrified, and again decided not to stop, even though I knew the people who lived in all the houses I passed.

I was scared and alone, and my lungs hurt from trying to run, and I knew I felt close to giving up, but I stumbled and crawled and ran when I could, till I finally reached my house. The last image of the dream was of my house and its open garage door as the wind began to blow even harder. Even as I ran up to my house and up my driveway that had never seemed longer, I still felt the danger, and I looked back once more the sky, and still I knew in my bones it was coming but never once did I see the tornado that I was so afraid of.
© Copyright 2012 Christina (chrissy318 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859551-Strange-dream-I-had