*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859710-My-Tiny-Little-Life-Changer-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Other · Music · #1859710
I didn't know entering one little contest could be life changing in such a short time.
Disclaimer: This is a fake story that I am using as a creative writing assignment. This never happened between the boys of Paradise Fears and is completely a fiction story.


Chapter One

  The first time I turned on their music was the only time I felt at home. So when I discovered that they are doing a contest to find a female vocalist I almost got a bolt of energy spiraling through me.
  'Needed, female vocalist. Must be able to sing with a partner and willing to record. Submit a cover of a Paradise Fears song and we will decide the winner.' I couldn't stop rereading the post. Maybe that could be me.
  As I started bumping my way to the piano my mind was spiraling on song choice. How could I choose just one? This decision had to be made fast and has to be the right one.
  Skipping into the future, after three works of intense work on the cover. I was finally ready to submit it. God, what if they hate it? No, they won't. Huh, maybe they'll love it. No time to think about it, just submit it and try to not think about it.
  Olny thing is I couldn't not think about it. My mind would stray to it every free moment of everyday, It was June 4th, finally time for the winner to be announced.I slowly and carefully typed the UR on my keyboard. Once the website had loaded I could see the boys faces. Oh, I'm not ready for this. What am I to be worried about? They wouldn't pick my cover, impossible.
  Sam started to speak in his melodic voice of his. "Okay folks, it is time. The winner, and our lucky lady who will be doing a duet with us on album. Drumroll please, Alyssa Olson. Huh, I've met that girl. She is chill, WOAH! Congratulations! We will call you with the details later tonight! Thanks to everyone who entered we loved each cover."
  Me, I'm going to be singing a duet with Sam. As I was trying to understand what just happened my phone started to vibrate. They're calling!
  "Hello?'' Woah, my mumbles come off as rude.
  "Hey Alyssa! This is Sam. Well, congratulations, hah. SO, lady, how are you feeling?'' Just typical Sam trying to lighten the mood. No shocker there.
  "Pretty damn spectacular mean how couldn't I be doing good. Ha! Yourself?" Well I know I'm doing my part in trying to lighten this intense mood up.
    "Good! I'm doing pretty good myself. So, details! We are going to be driving up to Minnesota on the 26th of June. Now I know that isn't long from now. I'll email you my rough recording and your lyrics. I'm going to include my Skype name and phone number so we can practice. Are you ready to do this?!"
  Well, even if I wasn't, I was going to have to be. We practiced; That's all we did, go over the song. Sing it again and again. Every now and then we would  tweak some lines. The practices on phone and Skype calls went from weekly to daily fairly quick. 
  This continued until June 20th. By this point we were ready to jump into the studio. We had barely anything to rehearse so our Skype calls were turning to the personal aspects of life. Going from how many family members we had to explaining fairly complicated life situations we were each facing. Even if Sam was hundreds of miles away, Sam was the closest person I've had in my life for quite some time.
© Copyright 2012 Alyssa Olson (alyssaollie101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859710-My-Tiny-Little-Life-Changer-Chapter-1