*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1860445-Honor-thy-lists
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Career · #1860445
How a simple organization tool can wreak havoc in one woman's list, I mean life.
There were eight desired outcomes listed on the project scope.  They were inter-related, dependent and ultimately would lead to the one answer sought.  There were shared resources, discrete resources and individual contributions to be made in seeking the answer.  Project analysis and project execution leads were designated and a high level 18 month plan to reach the desired state was documented in perfect detail. For each desired outcome there was a supporting task list to obtain the required information with detailed timeline annotated. 

It was a beautiful disaster. 

Unless you lived in the brain that created this mess, one would never connect the dots to the ultimate reality being sought.  Once again she had exceeded the criteria for complex where the simple would suffice.  The frustration in all attendees was plain, but none higher than in her.

She reflected on the night prior where she had revealed that she had a problem making lists; that lists to make lists created an environment of confusion in her life rather than the order it created for others. In her life, lists created indecision, fear and stagnation rather than focus, organization and progress.

And here it was again: same problem, different venue. 

She looked across the document so painstakingly created with her ego screaming in her head that the rest of the group was being ridiculous! “It is a thing of beauty! Don’t listen to them!” it screeched.  But her sigh of acceptance swallowed the screeching and she noted the necessary simplifications.

And she went to make a list of the things to change.
© Copyright 2012 Jenn Lewis (jenninreallife at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1860445-Honor-thy-lists