*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1860660-The-First-Journey
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1860660
A warrior is about to take on his first journey.
Part 1

         I took the final steps into the town. I knew it was time for me t forget my past. I had to move on. I will never go back to my hometown.

         I looked around this village. First thing I saw was a sign labeled 'Welcome to Usanad'. Looked pretty deserted. I saw a few people here and there, but yet there was some much emptiness in this village. I looked around, and my eye finally caught what I was looking for. I saw a sign half falling apart. On the sign there was the words 'Elmer's Food and Drinks'. Though the sun still high up in the sky. I could see some lanterns lit up in the store.

         I walked over to the shop with sand filling up my sandals. The door was damaged horribly. I pushed it open hopping that the door wouldn't fall off. As I walked in a man who looked as bored as hell face lifted up.

         "Welcome," the man exclaimed with joy in his eyes. "I hope you are here for some food traveler." He then looked as if he was studying me. "Are you from around here?"

         "I am from a far away place, and my history is behind me now," I told him. "I came here for some supply's, and maybe a place to stay."

         "Why of course," the man continued. "Forgive me for not introducing myself I am Al, and you are?"

         "Steve," I replied. "Do you have any pineapples?"

         "I'm sorry we don't have much of anything," Al admitted. "All we have is some apples and kiwi."

         "I'll take five of each," I decided. "How much will this cost me?"

         "60 copper coins," Al answered. I took a look at my pocket. I had 8 silver and 45 copper left. I handed him the copper.

         "Is there any place in this village I can stay," I asked.

         "Oscar owns a small Inn at the east edge of town," Elme responded. "I just recommend you don't get on his bad side. He tends to get angry pretty fast if you know what I mean." I knew more then he could imagine.

         "Thanks for the help," I told him. "I hope to see you soon." I walked out of the shop with the five apples and kiwis. As I walked I tried getting used to this deserted place.

To be continued
© Copyright 2012 TheUnknown (drplasma at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1860660-The-First-Journey