*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1860956-The-Search-For-Paradise
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by HMS123
Rated: E · Chapter · Dark · #1860956
A droplet of water landed on my nose and as I gazed up at the dark sky; Where is paradise?
Chapter 1
A calm breeze wafted through the old ripped curtains of this manner. My mentor Cirian was out, he was probably taking the long way to this house to make sure no one was following him. Me on the other hand went the direct route through the roads, I wasn’t good with direction as he was so going the way in knew was always best for me. I sighed to myself and climbed up the centre staircase, awaking dormant dust after every footstep I took. I was already so used to this dust that it didn’t tickle my nose as it would with other people; instead it sent a horrible old stench up my nose. Sneering at this smell I pulled one sleeve over my hand and pulled it up to my mouth.
It was things like this that made me dislike this place.
After getting halfway up the stairs I turned and faced the large oak double doors. There wasn’t a single sign of them moving, even from the wind but just to make sure I whispered a paralysing spell to the doors. Anyone but my mentor would be able to untangle the enchantment in that spell.
The door moved ever so slightly before a light shimmer hit it and the door seemed to have a shiny glaze over it. I smiled at my quick work; I was getting better it sorcery. Trying not to be too stuck up I turn to my left and jogged up the stairs, covering my nose yet again.
When I was finally up the stairs I looked down the halls that overhung the main entrance room and strayed into one I knew too well. In here was a small room with nothing much in it but a few books. The only thing that made it look different from any normal room was the large mirror with little incantation scribbled around it. I walked up to it and placed one soft hand on the middle of the mirror before closing my eyes.
“Cirian where are you?” I whispered in my mind trying to sense through the world for his mind in particular. I found it almost instantly and saw through his eyes, I felt what he felt and heard what he heard. But the thing that made this spell so different was that I could hear his every thought and feeling he thought of as he thought of it. His mind flinched slightly when I entered but it quickly went.
“What do you want Iana” he hissed in his mind, I sighed to him before replying; “You have been gone for some time, are you sure splitting up was a good idea?” silence was placed over our conversation, he had blocked his mind from mine and I could tell he wasn’t happy with what I had just said. So instead of deepening the matter I decided to check where he was. Changing from mental telepathy I placed my mind in his sensory feelings, and through his eyes I could make out the silhouette of his manner. Quickly breaking off contact from him I held my head for the short delay time of the spell and rushed down the stairs. Oh how I was going to get a telling off for annoying him.
© Copyright 2012 HMS123 (cheesenachos23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1860956-The-Search-For-Paradise