*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1861453-Falling-Apart
by Quoter
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1861453
She can only be strong for so long.
She was everyone's favorite: she was smart but didn't flaunt it, she could befriend anyone and would listen to people when they talked. It seemed as though she had everything: the brains, the personality, and the kind of quiet beauty you only saw if you really looked. To most people, she seemed completely in control of herself, balancing school and sports and friends like a pro. Yet she never felt complete. To her, something was missing, and she couldn't put her finger on what it was.

She was lonely.

Without ever having a boyfriend, or a kiss, or someone to hold her, she felt incomplete. But she didn't want to seem desperate, because that would get her no where. So she went through life, pretending to be fine when she wasn't really. No one realized she wasn't okay. No one looked her in the eye and told her she wasn't; no one offered to listen to her for once.

So she cracked.

It was a mental breakdown; an accumulation of everything. She burst; burst into tears while falling asleep one night. Her pillow was wet but the tears wouldn't stop. She fell asleep to the silent sound of her tears.
When the girl woke up the next morning, her eyes weren't red from crying, her nose wasn't stuffy, and no one would ever have a clue that she
was falling apart.

No one ever knew.

So still the girl goes through life, laughing and moving. She goes through the motions but doesn't feel anything. It's a terrible place for her to be, and yet she can't escape. She tries everything and yet nothing works. Maybe it's her, maybe it's the world, but whatever it is nothing is changing. The girl wants it to. But she doesn't know how.

So still she waits.

She waits for a prince charming, she waits for a friend. The kids at school who call her a friend seem unreal to the girl. She feels like an imposter living someone else's life. The girl wonders if her moment has already passed and she was too busy being alone to realize. And she fears that her moment will never come, she will die alone, she will be forever lonely.

She prays for better.
© Copyright 2012 Quoter (rachellevin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1861453-Falling-Apart