*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1861934-Comatose
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1861934
Another kind of inception
The last thing I renember was the white ceiling of the hospital room in witch I was rushed in and the beep-beep sound of the life support machines.

I woke up in a spacious room.I looked around scared ,everything was perfect just as it should be ,I didn't feel scared or intimidated for one moment.I got out of the bed and started looking around .There was nobody else there.

      Suddenly the door opened and I was shocked to see that it was my grandfather stading just a few meters away from me.

"Grandpa Bill?"I asked ,not beliving my eyes."That's my name,oh my how much you've grown "he replied with a warm smile.

"So,where am I,last thing I remember is being rushed with the ambulance into the hospital,am I..you know..dead?"and I didn't really want to hear the answer..

"No,you are not,otherwise we whouldn't be having this conversation"he strangely smiled to me".No,you are in a coma Matt".I felt sick and I could see the sadness in his eyes


"Well then were are we?"I asked."We are inside your mind,we are in the city hall of Mattville"he replyed."Follow me,I will show you the suroundings".

      We stepped outside into the balcony."Do you see the sky?"he asked me"The sky over the city reflets your personality,when it's blue you're an optimist,when it's grey you're a pesimist".I looked up at the sky and it was a light blue color just like the summers when I used to watch the sky trough the window in the mornings.

        "Let's walk ,let me show you the streets"and we went down and exited the city hall."Bill why did I woke up right in the city hall and nowhere else?"

"Thst's because you are the mayor,the leader of this city".Walking through the streets I noticed people that I didn't knew yet somehow they were familiar"If I am the mayor,the leader of my own mind,then who are they?".

"They are all the poeple you met in your life,school coleagues,different playground friends,and all the people you saw in your life on the streets,and in different places,they are like fodder to your brain".

        The next question was hard to put,but I mustered all my strengh"And then..what job do you have in this town?"."I am your guide"he smiled back at me.Walking around the city I couldn't help but notice all the garbage lying around the streets"Why is my city so dirty,do I have a dirty mind ?"I asked in a joke.

        "No,the garbage represents insecurity and confusion,a lot of the problems teenagers like yourself face today".We walked for what seemed hours and stopped in front of a beautifull house.

        "Whose house is this?"I asked,"It's so beautifull"."Why,that's Anne's house"I felt a kick in the stomach,Anne was my girlfriend,and somehow,I wasn't surprized to see she had the most beautifull house in the city,positioned right next to the city hall.

"So how long will I be stuck in this palce?"i asked."As long as you'll be in a come or you will die"he told me,a tear dropping from his left eye.

        I couldn't control myself,I felt tears wetting my eyes and I hugged my grandfather just like when I was a little kid.The image of my grandfather slowly dissappeared along with Mattville.

The next thing i remembered was the beep-beep of the machines in the hospital room and and my parest's blurry figures.I could hear the doctor"Don't worry,he will be fine now,he is once again with us".Afterward I slept,a dreamless sleep,and  the city and my grandfather didn't appear to greet me like before....

       



       

       

© Copyright 2012 PaintItBlack (paintitblack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1861934-Comatose