*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1862392-My-happy-place
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1862392
It describes my happy place, where I am happiest, where I drift off to to calm myself.
The cool wind whipped my hair, gently caressing my face as smooth, ivory sand tickled my feet. The musky scent of pine swirled through the air, filling my nose with familiarity. This was the long, sandy cove of Kai Iwi Lakes in lush New Zealand, where the boats skimmed across the lake, causing small waves to lap over the beach. Native bush was planted all over where the towering pine had been cut down. Children would laugh as the water splashed around them. Pure water, clearer then any other I had seen. Tiny trout lurked in the shadows under the rocks and camoflauged against the sand. This was my happy place, bathing in the sun-warmed water, eyes closed, relaxing.

My happy place, because I love warmth, the sound of children playing, the nature without civilization. Where the birds could chirp peacefully, where everything was calm. My happy place.
© Copyright 2012 Olivia4285 (olivia4285 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1862392-My-happy-place