*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1862688-Time-To-Start-Anew
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1862688
a boy realizes the consequences of his actions and changes his life for the better
It was a bright yet chilly day, the sky was cloudy the cawing of the crows echoed through the plains. My name is Alex De Gol Nguyen, a 15 year-old boy who will soon find out the consequences of my actions.

I stood up, looking around me. All i could see was a field filled with the darkest of green, i can even spot a couple of deadwood and what looks like a dead rat lying around a few feet near where i was lying. Suddenly, a sudden headache strike me and i pressed the palm of my hand against my head as hard as i could. Out of nowhere, i was grabbed by both arms and by the feel of it, there was two man and they dragged and pushed me into a vehicle.

The headache slowly faded away as time passed. Slowly, i put my hands down from my head and saw that beside me were two huge man, they both had a bald head, wore sunglasses and was almost two times my size. I kept quiet and looked down onto the black rubber floor, feeling every bump and jump that the van came across. After several minutes, i started throwing questions onto the two huge man about what is happening and where they were taking me, silence replied.

The van came to a halt and i was dragged out. In sight, was a large factory over ten stories, with smoke coming out from the top of the building. I was pushed into the factory, to a chair and table with tools right in front of me. Minutes later, i see the two huge man walking down the stairs each with a hand full of cash, giggling and laughing to themselves. Left alone, i sat on the chair and lost myself, staring into space. That's when a man came up to me, he had snow white hair, looked old but was well built. A loud bang followed after hammered the table, the tools were jumping around and he said,
"get to work!" pointing to the right and shoveling a spanner into my hands. Terrified, i stood up from the chair and went towards the contraption and started tightening bolts, trying to make it look convincing. As soon as he walked up the stairs, i wonder to myself about what was happening. The sky was bright and sunny and i was walking home from school, why did it suddenly turn into a nightmare and that's when the ground started to shake and the roof collapsed onto me.

A bright white light flashed and i woke up, only to find out that i was in my room and that it had all been a unfortunate nightmare. With a puzzled look on my face, i was thinking of the trans which i had just left. I told myself this, what if i do not start to take my studies seriously and end up having to work in another country where what i had just dreamt would have even a slight chance of becoming reality. It was then that i told myself that I would study hard, pursue a diploma in Game Design and live an average life, where such nightmares will not exist.

I started to take school seriously, staying back after school to study with friends, taking up tuition classes and even asked teachers to give me extra homework just so i can catch up in my studies. Gradually, i improved and i was aiming higher than i ever did. Now, major exams are coming up and i start my study plan fit for an extremist and i tell myself everyday, not to allow my nightmare to have even the slightest chance of becoming reality.
© Copyright 2012 EvolCilegna (peanutheng at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1862688-Time-To-Start-Anew