*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1863805-About-Derek
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1863805
For Hawk's Vocabulary Extravaganza. Maybe gonna make a lot of stories with Derek...
Derek was sitting in his verdant garden. He loved plants, and he loved to figure out how daedal technology worked. He did have one problem; he was ambisinister. He would always drop things and his handwriting was horrendous. He recently made his own website named "The Clumsy Kid", where he posted videos of him dropping things. Yes, it was demeaning, but at least he was popular. Unfortunately, thousands of others named their sites the same thing, so Derek's site was elided from every search. Derek swore that he would track down these people and shut down their sites... He swore it, and it was going to happen. He then remembered that he didn't need to track them down. He was a professional hacker. Many would think that fact risible, but Derek was serious when it came to hacking. He started to get on the websites to start hacking when he realized something: They might've put up a firewall. Getting around that would be quite an imbroglio. He pushed the thought aside. He was a professional hacker. There was no firewall that could stop him. As he admired his eclat, he smelled a very disgusting effluvium. One of his plants was dying... He didn't care. He thought of his computer as a desideratum, and it was more important to him than anything. He searched "The Clumsy Kid" and clicked the first link. He easily maneuvered around the firewall and shut the website down. He thought that he should check his views on his website. He entered the URL and hit enter. He was confused, because it said the page did not exist. He then realized that he must've shut down his own site! Whoops! As always, he blamed his clumsy hands. He was a philomath, and took Computer Programming, so that helped him become a hacker. When he hacked, it was so boring and easy that he needed to listen to music. He always listened to "2112" by Rush. He knows that the music distracted him, and that's why he accidentally shut down his own website. He quickly shut down the other websites and brought his own back up. Hacking was easy for Derek, because he practiced on MMORPG's like MapleStory and MMOG's like Audition Online. He doesn't hack to do things like easy levelup. He hacks these games to just test something: a chat spam. Chat spams are only used to either advertise or vex (annoy) other players. He even got banned from a game! Hacking is the boy's life, and that wasn't going to change. Derek was popular because of his videos. One of his dreams is to get his videos on T.V. His favorite word is "hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia," which is, ironically, the fear of long words. He has some fears, but not many. He has arachnaphobia, (not sure on spelling) the fear of spiders, tarantulas, scorpions, and other arachnids; hemophobia, the fear of blood; and claustrophobia, the fear of tight spaces. These fears are not uncommon. They can also affect his life in unimaginable ways...
© Copyright 2012 Kazaroth (robert12121 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1863805-About-Derek