*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1863866-LOVE-BITE
by YAS
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1863866
Its a true incident based story about two guys involved in a fight.
LOVE BITE

( and do not spread bloodshed on Earth: Holy Qoran)



The hero



Staring at the ceiling, I was trying to close my eyes, go to the hands of Morpheus which was indeed a better place, a place wherein there could only be dreams, unreal. Every passing second made me thirstier, drying my throat and taking away my breaths which did not seem to ease even when I hit my fist several times on the partition wall that stood still making fun of me.

I had somehow understood what good, does a cigarette do to its enchanters. I could feel the urge my lungs gestured for, few times. When your body witnesses something like this, it doesn’t let your brain rest leaving you awake whole night with some awful, abhorrent thoughts.

Those thoughts ruled my mind, like bees, accumulating some substances in those excessively available empty spaces. The analogy fails here, in my case they were hot, high SHU, gut wrenching substances. One part of my wetware struggled hard combating the wicked thoughts while the other part was busy suggesting me ways to escape them. I chose the most reasonable one, and for the first time, I lit up a cigarette.



The idiot



When you see from outside an embossed circle on someone’s pocket, you take it as a coin without giving any second thoughts. It was the same situation I had catapulted myself into. This guy and a common friend of ours had some old business to deal with and they were going alright with their altercation when I had intervened and slapped him, of course, without knowing the matter. I don’t have any explanations for that, it had just happened. Maybe it was because of his child like face, or some sort of exasperation or maybe because of nothing .I had no regrets, instead, it made me exulted, all the more when I actually came to know that the guy had spoken some bad words to my friend. Later, I realized that I had committed the biggest mistake of my life. I received a call that I didn’t like. I had to meet him the next day, and get slapped!



Friends



We knew about the volcano and the tornado mixing inside his brain and erupting out of his mouth in the form of words. We saw the fireball in his eyes when he was slapped on his face, which had left few fingers like pattern on his cheek, now flushed. Just after that, they had amalgamated with each other so much that one could not tell who was who, in the darkness of that street. They together seemed to be some Martian creature with their hands locking their necks creating scary shadows. This sudden assault on our friend had surprised us more than him and so, we took time to react, which allowed our brain to absorb all the anger which otherwise might have resulted in some other possibilities.



We might have bashed his face, we got reasons,



We might have crushed his head, we got king closures,



Or at least, we might have bruised him, we got nails,

But, we didn’t.

Going defensively we tried to dismantle them and in the process someone from us gripped our friend’s hands which cost him few punches in his belly. Poor fellow shouted a lot at us, later. They staggered and said bad words as we pulled them apart and they kept doing that until their eyes stopped seeing each other.



The hero



The idiot had pigeonholed me, underestimated me, or perhaps overestimated himself, he had stirred the hive and he realized it too late. “Bring as many as you can, this dirt must know whom did he mess with”, I roared annoyingly, talking on phone. “What? What are you trying to do?What would be the difference between you and him then?” They said, showing disapproval. “This is not what good people do. Throw a stone in a roadside mud and it spoils your clothes”. They tried convincing me again. “Besides, it’s blasphemous!” they emphasized.“My soul,” I shouted, “Won’t rest until I slap him!”I called him when there were enough yobs. He was too cowardice to meet me there.“Tomorrow at 9, hygienic mark cafĂ©, you’ll cry, I promise”, I said before I hung up.



Next morning, the sudden startling message tone of my cell phone woke me up. The message said, “Happy chocolate….” I deleted it without finishing it. I knew it was once again a day, which I never believed in, “they are meaning less!” I always thought. My legs shook and staggered as I walked towards the balcony, that’s what happens when you smoke the very first time like you were smoking the last time!

My head was ready to blast in anguish resulting from combination of reasons. That I had to slap that idiot as if to acquire that eternal elation made me forget that ache though. I spat from the balcony and watched that thing until it hit the ground and scattered, “that idiot would feel the same”, I said to myself.



The idiot



Hygienic mark was crowded as usual with youngsters when I reached there. He had chosen a perfect rendezvous, with a majority of spectators belonging to fair sex. They were there to escape those jejune lectures, or to chat with their beloveds or to flirt while sipping coffee, all usual reasons. But there was that one group I could see which was up to something unusual, they were waiting for me. I saw his silhouette appear from behind, coming close to me till we could hear our breaths. All that had happened a day before ran by me once again as I prepared myself to be slapped, maneuvering myself such that least people could see me. “Slap him on the right, as hard as you can.” I heard a voice. He nodded, “pay time” he said, looking in my eyes. I wanted to spit on his face for that, but I didn’t. Next moment, I saw his hand held high and I closed my eyes.

My face had flushed already, my eyes ready to sink in, my lips stiffened, showing the incisors partially as I prepared to be slapped. I stayed like that for some time, but nothing happened. One of my eyes opened partially showing me blur images at first, then I saw him, his hand at the level of my face and in that he held something which I identified but didn’t understand. And when I did, tears fell out of my eyes. “See, I had promised that you’ll cry” he said. I tried to speak but my voice stuck in. “Happy chocolate day”, he whispered and walked away, as I took a bite that was full of love!

© Copyright 2012 YAS (bornwithwings at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1863866-LOVE-BITE