*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866365-Insomia-The-Early-Departure
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #1866365
Amelia has a series of nightmares about her friend that start to come true (part two)
Amelia sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. 'Why is a dream affecting me so much?' she asked herself.
Glancing over at the clock on her wall, she read that it was 6:49. Sighing, she swung her feet off her bed and stood up. 'I don't think I can get anymore sleep anyway.' Amelia walked across the hall to the bathroom and closed the door. She splashed some water on her face and then grabbed the edges of the counter top. 'Why would I dream about something like that? Char is my best friend... I better check on her to see if she is alright...'

She walked down the hall to where Charlotte was sleeping and peeked into the room. The brunette was still asleep, a peaceful expression on her face. Quietly closing the door, Amelia decided to go down to the kitchen and make some breakfast.
Grabbing some Pop-Tarts from the cabinet, she popped them into the toaster, and sat down at the island, resting her head on her arms, the dream still fresh in her mind.

***

Amelia woke up in the field again, only this time she was alone. The once green grass was now stained red.

'H-hello?' she called out tentatively.

There was a soft chuckling behind her. Turning around, she saw a silhouette of a large figure.

'W-who are you? And what have you done with Charlotte?'

The figure ignored her questions and continued to chuckle. 'You're next...'

***

Charlotte walked down the stairs to the kitchen. She saw Amelia asleep at the island, eyebrows pinched up, and two Pop-tarts sticking out of the toaster. Plucking the pastries out of the toaster, she put them on a plate next to her friend before gently shaking her to wake up.

"Hey, Mel, are you okay?" When the ginger did not wake up, she flicked her forehead. "Mel, wake up!"

"What? Oh, Charlotte. You okay?" Amelia asked sleepily, rubbing her forehead.

"I should be asking you that. You fell asleep on the table."

Oh. Y-yeah. I-I'm fine." She decided that she wouldn't tell Charlotte about the dream. Dreams.

The brunette shrugged, then turned to make some toast.

For the next half an hour, the girls sat in complete silence until Charlotte excused herself back upstairs. As she reached the top step, Amelia sighed and rested her head in her hands. 'Why? Why is this happening?' she sighed. 'Maybe a shower will help...'

After politely knocking on the door to the guest room, she opened it. "Hey, Char. I'm gonna go take a shower. You know where everything is in case you need stuff." She did not get a response from the brunette, who was sitting on the bed, staring out the window. "'Kay. Well, I'll be out in a bit." Still no response. Amelia walked out of the room, closed the door, and walked to the bathroom. 'Okay. That was a bit weird.' she shrugged. 'She's probably just tired. Like me.' She yawned.

Twenty minutes later, Amelia walked out of the bathroom, brushing her fingers through her tangled wet hair. Walking downstairs, she hopped to find Charlotte down there. But she wasn't. She was not anywhere downstairs. Running back upstairs, she checked the guest room. The brunette was still sitting on the bed, staring out the window.

"Hey, Char. I'm done now. Wanna do someth-?" The ginger started, walking over to the bed.

"Hey, Amelia. Can I go home now?" Amelia stopped in her tracks.

"Uhh... Y-yeah. I-I gues so. I-if y-you really want to."

Charlotte picked up her bag, and stood up. "Can you drop me off at the park?"

"Yeah. Sure thing, Char."

Amelia felt a little heartbroken as they got into the car. "So, why do you want to go home all of a sudden? You usually stay the whole weekend! Plus, it looks like it's gonna rain." She asked as she backed out of the garage.

"Does it matter if I change my mind?" the brunette snapped.

"N-no! Of course not. I was just wondering why-"

"I just want to go, okay?" Charlotte shot back harshly.

"Oh. Okay."

The trip to the park filled with an awkward silence. When they finally got there, Amelia unlocked the door. "I'll see you later Charlotte?" But the brunette had already slammed the door shut, and walked through the gate to the park. The ginger sighed. 'She's acting so weird. This never happened before...' She shook her head to clear her thoughts. Pulling out of the parking lot, Amelia started to drive home, just as a rain drop landed on the windshield.
© Copyright 2012 Wilcorn (wilcorn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866365-Insomia-The-Early-Departure