*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866403-Marrying-My-Enemy
Rated: · Other · Fanfiction · #1866403
"So, Granger, wanna get married?" "Sure Malfoy. 3:00 tomorrow sound OK to you?"
Title: Marrying My Enemy

Chapter 1: Romantic Proposals

Summary: So, Granger, wanna get married?" "Sure Malfoy. 3:00 tomorrow sound OK to you?" "Perfect,"

Author's Note: For the sake of this one-shot, there is no such thing as a war. Just a mutual dislike between Draco and Hermione.

Disclaimer: I can't show my face to you…..I'm disappointed in myself. I thought that blowing up her house and then demanding for the authority to her characters with a crazed house-elf at my side would persuade her to give them up…..all that really happened was that I got put in jail for attempted murder…..damn.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To say that Draco Malfoy and Blaise Zabini were bored was an understatement. They were completely and utterly out of all things to do. The hot sun made it impossible to even play Quidditch. Inside, they had spent the whole day in the dungeons playing chess. They had played so much of it that they had resorted to a completely muggle child's game called hide-and-seek. Then, they had played tag, for Merlin's sake! There was nothing left to do. So now, the two boys sat in the library, reading random books which they weren't really reading, just being bored.

Finally, Blaise asked, "Let's read a book,"

"Can't concentrate,"

"Let's play chess,"

"Done that too many times,"

"Let's play Quidditch,"

"Too hot,"

"Let's do our homework,"

"Finished it five hours ago,"

"Let's play basketball,"

"What in Merlin's name is that? If it's anything like hide-and-seek, I swear to Merlin I'm going to –"

"Wait," Blaise interrupted, a mischievous grin on his face, "Betcha thirty whole galleons you're not gonna propose to Granger,"

Draco scoffed, "Watch me,"

Blaise had seen Hermione entering the library a few minutes ago, and had so placed the bet. "Alright, Granger?" he asked.

She nodded, then Draco called, "Hey Granger?"

"Yeah?"

"Whatcha doin'?" he asked, grinning.

"What people normally do in a library," she replied dryly.

"You mean snog each other in the secluded sections? Merlin Granger, I never thought –" Blaise began, but was interrupted by Draco kicking him in the shin.

"Hey Hermione, where were you?" asked Ron.

"Yeah, we were looking for you," said Harry.

"Well, now you've found me," she spoke with boredom laced in her voice.

"Granger, Malfoy's got something to ask you," Blaise said, leaning back on his chair as if to watch the show.

"So, Granger, wanna get married?"

"Sure Malfoy. 3:00 tomorrow sound OK to you?"

"Perfect,"

Harry and Ron promptly fell to the floor in a dead faint, as Blaise stared at Hermione while handing over thirty galleons to Draco, who was smirking.

"Hey, Granger, catch!" Draco said, throwing over a package.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Your engagement ring," he replied off-handedly.

She smiled lightly, put it on her left ring finger, and said, "Well, see ya, Malfoy,"

"Bye Granger!" he yelled to her back.

"Malfoy!" She called at him.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"The name's Malfoy." She grinned, waved, and left.
© Copyright 2012 TheifOfMagic (theifofmagic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866403-Marrying-My-Enemy