*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866464-lost-love-part-I
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by JADiaz
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1866464
a story about a young Marine and his wife, and the struggle they go through.
A girl walks into a room, plain old white room white walls white ceiling everything is white, then she starts hearing a constant beat. She looks over to her right and see’s an elderly man, a tear slid down the side of her cheek as she walked over to the man. “Daddy I’m sorry I was never there for you, I really miss you.” She looked up as the elderly brushed the hair from her eyes looked at her and smiled, “although you weren’t there my dear I knew you loved me as I loved you, no matter what happens to you down this road you’re headed in I will always be there for you.” The girl then closed her eyes as tight as she could to try to preserve the moment more tears start sliding down her face, then she feels pressure on her chest. She grabs hold of her left breast as she starts trying to gasp for air, “daddy don’t let me go, daddy please.” The old man looked at his daughter smiled and said “I’m not letting you go, I’m letting you live so you can see what I saw in life, live with no regrets and remember to smile thought your heart is aching. I love you Julie I always will love you no matter what happens to you.” “Come on Julie don’t do this to me, come on!” the pressure came back again as the woman tries to hold on to her father *boom boom boom* “no daddy I’m not going to let you go” “where I’m going you can’t come.” “JULIE!” “Clear!” *BOOM*. As his voice starts to fade out with a blinding light Julie hears the words “I love you my daughter and I always will”. As the daughter slowly opens her eyes she sees her husband along with two paramedics looking down at her, “Julie you really gave us a scare there.” The man said with a teary eyed and smiling at his wife. “I know I’m sorry, I love you I hope you know that.”

Seven months earlier; Friday, March 30, 2012

“I don’t want you to leave; I’m going to miss you a lot…” Julie said as she was holding John. “Baby when you miss me all you have to do is look in to the night sky, when you see the moon just know that I’m looking at it too thinking of you.” John said as he was entering the car where his parents were waiting for him, “I’ll be back in six months babe, I love you.” Julie smiled kissed him good bye. John turns away and get’s into the car, turns to see Julie crying on the bench of her porch. John then mouths “I love you baby” with a smile on his face.

Three months later Iraq

“Over Watch come in Over Watch” *radio static* John said as he started panicking because his men were dying all around him “this is Juliet 6-4, we’re receiving heavy mortar fire we need fire support, over.” He begins yelling into the radio “Over Watch do you read me?” out of frustration he throws the radio and says “damn it! The radio is fried”. All of the sudden the radio picks up a transmission “Juliet 6-4 we have read your last, we’re sending a team of gunships to help for support do you read me Juliet 6-4?” “Jesus Sarge we’re going to get slaughtered before the gunships zero in on those mortars, what do we do?!?” one of John’s subordinates said right before getting shot in the head by a sniper. “ALL RIGHT MARINES GET INTO COVER NOW!” John starts looking around for cover and finds a shack they had cleared just moments before the mortar attacks, john runs and dives right before a mortar wipes out the rest of his platoon. In the protection of the house John grabs a photo booth picture of him and his wife, the memory floods his brain.

A year and a half earlier: Saturday; February 5, 2011

“Babe we need to talk.” John said with a serious tone, Julie has never heard before, “what is it baby?” Julie turns to John with a look of worry, “there’s no easy way for me to say this.” John stares at his feet while kicking a rock, Julie looks at him lifts his head up and stares him right in the eye and says, “John just tell me!” John grabs her hands looking in her eyes and says, “Julie I enlisted in the Marine Corps.” Julie’s jaw drops as a tear slides down her face, “what does this mean John?” she pulls her hands away turning her body away from John in disbelief. John hugs her from behind and says, “This is the decision I have made to help support our family.” Julie turns around looking him in the eyes, not believing the words John has just said, “For better or worse.” John says with a smile on his face. “Jesus John this isn’t a decision you can make on your own!” Julie says as more tears fall from her eyes, “I didn’t make up my mind over night Julie; we need this more than you think we do.” John’s eyes start swelling up with tears as he grabs his wife by the arms and kisses her. “John don’t leave me, please don’t.” Julie says as she falls to her knees and starts to whelp. John picks her up kisses her and says, “Babe as long as you have me in your heart you’ll never be alone! But for now let’s go have some fun!” another tear slides down
Julie’s face then a smile appears “okay baby!”

Friday; June 29, 2012

“JOHN!” John wakes up with the sudden yell of his wife’s voice yelling his name, john begins looking around the shack realizing that night has fallen already; he jumps to his feet with his weapon in hand and starts trying to see if any of his men made it. John starts calling out in a low voice for his men but no one answers, “Hello? Anyone there? Steve? Jack? Where are you?” John starts working his way down the road when he sees headlights headed toward him at a high rate of speed, John dives out of the way aiming his M4 at the truck screeches to a halt. John beginning to tremble keeping his gun trained on the two men that just exited the pick-up with AK-47’s in their hands, john stays quiet as he watches the two men loading the truck with the equipment of John’s fallen comrades. John knows well not to open fire just in case more men start to come, John starts to retreat into the desert when he feels a barrel behind his head and he hears an inaudible sound come from the mystery persons mouth. John drops his M4 and slowly raises his arms, when he jerks his head back into the person’s rifle then turns his body grabs the rifle and uses it to break the assailant’s nose. “Ah, son of a bi...” John jumps on the man and holds his hand over the man’s mouth when he realizes that it is not an enemy but one of his men. John whispers to the man “on the count of three we take out those two guys, nod your head if you understand me.” John takes his hand from the man’s mouth and the man nods his head, John and his subordinate get in position for the attack, “one….” John whispers and holds his index finger in the air, “two…” John and his subordinate move in closer while John is holding up two fingers now, “THREE!!!” John yells as he and his subordinate move in for the kill; 6 really bright lights blind John and his ally; John slips on a rock and falls into a ditch and loses consciousness.

Sunday; February 20, 2011

“John, honey wake up” Julie said as she cuddles next to john holding him tightly in her grip. “Johnnie, wake up” she says while giggling, John keeps pretending to be asleep. “Joh…” Julie begins to say when John jumps up and scares her hugging her he says, “What’s up honey?” Julie begins to laugh because John begins to tickle her, “what’s wrong love, why can’t you talk?” John begins to laugh while his wife is cracking up hysterically only able to gasp for air. He stops looks down at her and says, “I love you Julie, don’t you ever forget that.” John kisses Julie, “I know John, and I love you too.” Julie looks up at him and smiles. “Breakfast?” John says while walking out of the room, he looks over to see his wife staring at him “yes or no babe?” “John, I have something to tell you.” the phone rings, and Julie answers it. “Who is it babe?” she looks at John with a shocked expression on her face, “what is it?” John get’s a worried look on his face now, “Julie what is it?”
© Copyright 2012 JADiaz (jadiaz91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866464-lost-love-part-I