*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866469-Turn-the-page
by Andy
Rated: E · Short Story · Women's · #1866469
Short Story about middleage woman
2007 ,autumn,USA and the heart of New York,Manhattan.That it is.Big,beautiful, luxurious , a new york city business and entertainment center. skyscrapers towering everywhere. Streets full of ads and colorful lights. people bustling around, it's cold outside and the cold wind blows, leaves fall and like it's mostly in autumn, often rains. On the fairview and denison street corner is located littlebookstore called Denison.This is small cozy ,not very commercial appearance looking place.People visit that bookstore often because across the street is big and luxurious Marrison restaurant and next to it locates high-class Marrison Hotel and three blocks far from that is Manhattan Park.
There is not so much people in manhattan than its in summer.But wather cant stop local people. they go into one store to another, without realizing that it rains. One rainy morning steps out of hotel a young woman.She is looks thirties old and tastefully dressed brunette.she is hurrying in rain across a street just before the lights are about to change. she enters to the bookstore and politely welcomes the shopkeeper. whereupon seller greets back but looks her up from the bottom,becouse the seller clearly knew that this is not a local person. the seller is an older lady, short growth, with glasses and short gray haircut.woman in fine heeled shoes walks between book shelves. Meanwhile staying and browsing through books.woman has been browsing books for a while when suddenly seller ask her.
“Are you looking for something certain? may i help you?"
"no ,i just look" says she.
After a while she will put book back to shelf and says to seller "Maybe you can help me"
“i am new in here and im looking for a job”
Seller stares woman ,meanwhile young woman says”My name is Alisson Jones”
"Nice to meet you, I'm Lisa, Lisa Parker"
"Oh, you want job" Mrs. Parker is thinking for a while
"It can also be a part-time job" says Alisson
“some time ago was needed seller here in that bookstore,but now I cant tell you.if you could step by from here in few days I could find out you more.”
“does not This make you much trouble? It would be very kind of you, ofcourse i come by, Mrs. Parker, may I call you like that? " was Alisson very satisfied
"Yes, everyone around here call me so "
'Very generous of you, thank you Mrs. Parker "
"no big deal" said Ms. Parker with a smile
"I sure come by in a few days” said alisson

© Copyright 2012 Andy (estandy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866469-Turn-the-page