*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866607-Tough-Call
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest Entry · #1866607
A condensed dialogue only scene from my story for Dialogue 500.
"Please don't tell me its you I'm looking at."

"Myke I don't have time for your melodramatics. I need your help. Like yesterday."

"Great, spit in my face why don't you. Think you can kill Rique and come crawling back like nothing happened?"

"You think that was easy? I was his sister! He was my bloody twin and just your friend. Damn it this is not why I called you here. Just listen to me."

"I tried to listen to you then and you knocked me out and jammed a big one through his ribcage. On that note let me back up before 'talking becomes your last policy'."

"I'm not going to apologize for what you couldn't do, Myke. He was going to sell us out."

"Where have I heard this before?"

"I can't change the past and not going to if I could. He made his decisions and I made the tough call. If he was meant to live he would have won."

"Is that what you tell yourself at night? I'm out of here. Those refugees need someone who they can guarantee won't stab them in the chest later."

No one knows I see his face every time I close my eyes. I had to do it or these people wouldn't have even you to give them a future. Please don't let this one choice kill Isis.

"What the hell, Loki! What are you doing in the refugee camp?"

"I didn't stop needing your help just because you walked away."

"That still doesn't explain h---. Never mind. Someone make sure Crusher is still alive. I need to deal with this finally."

"He'll be awake in ten minutes. I don't kill everyone just because they're in my way, sheesh. Hold on, why are taking your stuff off? Hah, you plan to fight me? This is rich. Look, I don't have time for this, I really need you, man. Like old times?"

"If this was anything like old times I would have folded already because I was so in love with you. Not gonna happen."

"Your footwork is off."

"Huh? Ugh!"

"You're not a fighter, Myke. You're setting yourself up for failure. Just tell me what you want already. An apology? To beg?"

"Lose."

"Say what?"

"Lose this fight if you want Isis to live. Just like Rique lost."

"What the hell are you talking about? You knew what was up all along and did nothing? You bastard! They're torturing him! He's just a little boy, for the Mother's sake."

"Then you best get to losing."

"To hell with this. I can't believe I ever... just screw you."

And so another one dies because you can't make the real tough call, Loki.

Word Count: 428
© Copyright 2012 Sk3tchi (katsbooks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866607-Tough-Call