*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866745-poker
Rated: · Other · Other · #1866745
Poker Holdem Basics
http://www.pokerholdem.org.uk



Poker Holdem Basics
Now that you know there are virtually thousands of online poker holdem sites to choose from there are still a few things we should go through to help guide you in the right direction. Going back to the Texas Hold’em reviews is always a great idea in case you’re still left wondering.

Online casinos that host hold’em will usually have the exact same system and rules in place to play. Poker sites online share in specific lingo and formalities. As a new player, you will come across many different payout systems and bonuses. The first thing you should know is this is completely normal.

The following is a listing of terms, rules and formalities you will more than likely come across in your poker adventures.

Rakeback
This is one term you should know very well. The opportunity to cash in with poker online presents itself in Rakeback. You find this in Poker rooms, when you enter to play. Essentially, the “rake” is used by online poker rooms to make money. Think of it this way, brick and mortar casinos need to take a percentage from you in order to make money, this is referred to as the ‘House Edge’. This is common practice because at the end of the day casinos in Vegas or casinos online are a business.

In regards to Poker online, a percentage is applied to the poker rooms. Online casinos hosting a variety of poker rooms need to make money. A rakeback is the same as a house-edge. Players pay a small fee (rakeback) for entering the room

Bonuses
You will find plenty of Hold’em sites that offer a welcome bonus. Basically its FREE money and many become easily confused by it. Most wonder about catches, which is a natural occurrence. When someone offers us free money it always begs the question why. When it comes to the word free is we are presented with a loaded weapon, considering the source is an online casino. Simply put, many believe it is just too good to be true.

First, let’s put it to rest immediately; online casino bonuses are in fact free money. Casinos offer this in order to compete in a very large online market for gambling. But, you will find the conditions when making a withdrawal request. Online casino and poker hold’em sites offer players a way to build a bankroll. This is mainly done through the bonus system and if you’re lucky you can build a huge bankroll through winnings. When you want to get your money, a time constraint will be in place. It really is free money, but you need to win first, continually for a period of time in order for the online casino to release the funds. If you adhere to all the rules in place and are successful, you have the chance to withdrawal a huge sum of cash.
For example, the poker site will stipulate you cannot withdrawal any winnings for at least 2 months. If you are good as hold’em poker and build an impressive bankroll, as long as two months have passed, you can and will get your money.

Need to Know – Hold’em Tips
For more information about any tips, don’t forget to check out our strategies and resources for more information. For now, here is what you should be learning about:

Don’t talk and just play – no matter what, never discuss your strategy with anyone

Learn how to calculate the odds – get your math skills in order to gain an advantage

Learn how to handle over betting – stay safe at the tables

Learn how to play a short stack – check out the lingo first

Learn how to categorize opponents – basically, you want to be able to predict hands and plays

Most importantly you should learn how to vary your play – become completely un-predictable

Check back with our blog often for more tips and information.


© Copyright 2012 pokerholdem (pokerholdem at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1866745-poker