*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867018-Blush
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1867018
He responds to her flirting...the next day. Better late than never, or too late?
“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“I wanted to see you.”

She stood there with her arms crossed and didn’t respond.

“I can be so dense,” he said. “I really really hope you were flirting with me last night and I wasn’t imagining it and I hope our moment didn't pass because that would be tragic and I cannot get you out of my mind and I want to get to know you and learn about everything you love and that is important to you and I really do like you and I...”

He wasn’t going to stop until he had had sucked all the air out of the room when he noticed her face was flushed. "You're blushing."

She looked away. “I am not!”

He lifted her chin up with his finger. She couldn’t explain to herself why she let him to do it as it was happening. She would have gasped in horror if she could only remember how to breathe. He looked into her face as she avoided eye contact. “Yes you are,” he said gleefully. “You do like me!”

She violently pushed him away from her. He staggered back a couple of steps into another man waiting in line for his sandwich. He was confused by her reaction and wondered if he had pegged the entire situation with her wrong.

Can we stop talking about this, please?” she asked.

Her piercing dark blue eyes froze him in place and everything around him seemed to slow to a blur. She grabbed the lapels of his coat, pulled him back to her, and landed onto his lips the most incredible kiss that made him dizzy and his head spin at the same time. The moment seemed to last forever. They were lost in their own little world.


***

300 words (300 maximum) - written for the "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge contest, submitted 11-May-2012.

© Copyright 2012 MrBugSir (mrbugsir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867018-Blush