*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867481-Happy-New-Year
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1867481
My entry into The Dialogue 500
“Happy new year”



“Ha, you must be drunk! Happy new year to you too”



“I am indeed drunk or otherwise this wouldn’t be happening”



“How’s life treating you these days?”



“I’m old, life doesn’t treat me it just wakes me up every morning”



“I’d forgotten how positive you always were”



“I’d forgotten you.”



“Did you come over just to fight?”



“I came over to speak to my old friend”



“So what brings you back to this neck of the woods?”



“Visiting Mum for Christmas”



“I thought I’d heard she’d moved away”



“She moved back here about 10 years ago. I take it you’re visiting the old man?”



“Yes, been here for 2 weeks but fly back tomorrow”



“I almost came to visit you in the hospital you know?”



“You are definitely drunk!”



“What would you have said if I did?”



“I didn’t want you to visit me”



“I never had another friend like you, I was going to tell you that in the hospital but couldn’t bring myself to”



“I’m glad you never had another friend like me”



“We did have some good times though”



“Please don’t make lite of it because you’re drunk”



“It’s the first time I’ve seen you in 15 years. 15 years since you left a trail of destruction through my family and left me to pick up the pieces whilst you tried to take the easy way out and commit suicide, this is all your doing, don’t tell me I’m making lite!”



“I tried to kill myself because I was so ashamed of what I’d done to you! You were the best friend I ever had and I did the worst possible thing to you. I was in the hospital for 2 months afterwards, I lost everything. I had to move away because I was so ashamed. There’s not a day goes by that I don’t wish I could turn back time and undo it all but I can’t and I’m sorry, I’m truly, truly sorry.”



“Fuck you, Happy New Year”
© Copyright 2012 scottyw (scottywalker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867481-Happy-New-Year