*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867730-Chapter-1-of-Elementals--Prologue
Rated: E · Chapter · Comedy · #1867730
This is the beggining of my novel that I am writing, please read and review it!
Prologue
I had to keep running. I couldn't worry about Angel; she would have to defend herself if she was even alive anymore. I could hear the sirens creeping closer and closer. I pumped my legs even harder as I neared the Golden Gate Bridge.
Sweat was pouring from every single inch of my body. The clothes that weren't completely disintegrated clung to my body; only making it a hundred times harder to run from the police.
Why were they even after me? I probably just saved the whole West Coast of the United States and they were hunting me down! I should of just ran with Angel to safety instead of fighting when I was told not to. I could of easily taken out the cops behind me, but I was too weak, and too tired. The only thing that kept me going was knowing that it would all be over very soon.
“Stop running or we'll shoot!” The cops screamed from their megaphones. Ha! Like that would stop me, the thought of death was actually a quite peaceful one. Granted if I died, the whole world could possibly be doomed, but I wouldn't have to worry. A gun shot went off and zoomed past my right ear. I ran a little faster although I knew there was no point; they would catch me eventually. Were they even allowed to shoot fifteen year olds! Not like anyone would really miss me, my parents were hundreds of miles away in their home.
I neared the middle of the Golden Gate Bridge slowly losing speed, my legs were throbbing, and my stomach and chest were hurting but I had to keep running.
Another gun shot, this one hit my arm. It would be OK. If I made it out of here alive I could get it healed. I could tell they were only trying to injure me, but what would they do with me then? They saw what I did to that warehouse, didn't they? Did they honestly think a jail cell could keep me confined?
I knew how I could escape the cops, it was a daring move, but it was my only one. I ran to to the far sight of the street away from the edge then cut across the whole road and jumped off the side of the rail.
A bullet caught me in the middle of my spine, as I slowly fell into the cold water below my last thought was: where is Angel? Then it all went dark.


© Copyright 2012 Trysten Johnson (trystenj8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867730-Chapter-1-of-Elementals--Prologue