*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867934-Review-Of-HP-ENVY-15-Laptop-PC
by Alice
Rated: · Other · Other · #1867934
Sitting on the increased accomplish of HP’s new Envy sub-brand
Sitting on the increased accomplish of HP’s new Envy sub-brand, the HP Envy 15 provides blazing pace within a slender and brightness material chassis that will turn heads. many thanks to Intel’s potent middle i7 processor and ATI graphics, this $1,799 laptop blows apart all other products in its excessive excess fat class–including the MacBook Pro–making it potentially nicely suited for imaginative pros near to the go. However, this 5.2-pound plan eventually is not amazingly easily transportable offered that it lasts only two several hours on the demand using the basic [url=http://www.laptopbatteryretail.com/hp-pavilion-dv3-2000-battery.html]HP Pavilion dv3-2000 battery[/url]. And although it carries a eye-catching high-res display and terrific sound, warm temperatures would make this plan unpleasant to use. in spite of providing some benefits, the large sibling in the direction of Envy 13 falls flat.

Specifications:

Display: 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1366×768)
Processor: 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M Processor (2.4 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) Turbo Boost to 3.0 GHz with 1GB Discrete Graphics AMD Radeon
Memory: 6GB 1333MHz DDR3 System Memory
Storage: 500GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
Optical Drive: SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
Connectivity: Intel 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R) with Wireless Display Support
Port: USB 3.0, 2-in-1 digital media reader
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Battery: 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Dimensions: thin 1.11-inch with 5.79 lb
</ul>
The laptop is built on a powerful platform and has no problem the vast majority of today’s most demanding tasks. Processor platform, memory and graphics – with these parameters in the notebook all the fun. From the already mentioned design features worth mentioning two batteries included, and a external optical [url=http://www.laptopbatteryretail.com/hp-pavilion-dv3t-battery.html]HP Pavilion dv3t battery[/url] drive (we tested did not get), I would have also noted that the card reader reads only two formats, a three-port USB (one of which is shared with eSATA) – this very-very minimum for this system, especially as external optical drive and there should be a single port.

Inside our 15-inch test unit was a standard set of components, weighted toward multimedia and midlevel gaming: an Intel Core i5 2430M CPU, 6GB of RAM, a 500GB HDD, and an AMD Radeon 7690M GPU. The series starts at $1,099 for essentially the same configuration, but this unit had its 15.6-inch display upgraded to 1,920×1,080 pixels, a $150 add-on. Intel Core i7 CPUs, SSD storage, and more RAM are all available, but drive up the price considerably.

This laptop runs on the Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit platform, which is designed to deliver faster speeds, and it is more user-friendly than previous editions. Its 15.6-inch full HD (1080p) Infinity LED-backlit display provides users with the most detailed picture available, and it is bright, vibrant, and easy to see in any lighting situation. With 8GB of DDR3 1600MHz System Memory and a 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz processor with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.10 GHz, the computer delivers ultra-fast performance. Its 750GB hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection provides users with plenty of space to store all of their documents, videos, photos, songs, and more. It also features a slot-loading [url=http://www.laptopbatteryretail.com/compaq-presario-cq35-battery.html]Compaq Presario CQ35 battery[/url] SuperMulti DVD Burner. It features built-in Wi-Fi, so users can access the Internet at broadband speeds from any Wi-Fi HotSpot, completely wirelessly. The computer features 2 USB 3.0 ports, a USB 2.0 port, a digital media card reader for secure digital and MultiMedia cards, a Display port, an HDMI port, an Ethernet port, 2 headphone/speaker outputs, and a microphone input.

The Envy 15 is the medium-sized member of the crew, with a 15.6-inch screen and the same overhauled design you’ll find across the Envy lineup. Delightfully, too, it marks the return of HP’s eye-popping Radiance display, and also comes with a generous two-year warranty and full copies of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements. And with a starting price of $1,100, it sharply undercuts the 15-inch MacBook Pro, while taking direct aim at other high-end 15-inchers, like the Dell XPS 15z and Samsung Series 7 Chronos. So how does it stack up? Meet us after the break to find out.

The HP Envy 15 is a classy notebook that has a lot going for it. It is a multimedia powerhouse that’s great for running all sorts of applications, watching movies, surfing and even playing games. Plus, its stereo speakers are pretty good as it delivers crisp, clear tunes. However, the Envy isn’t very portable and the [url=http://www.laptopbatteryretail.com/compaq-presario-cq36-battery.html]Compaq Presario CQ36 battery[/url] life suffers due to its demanding processor and graphics chip. But the biggest issue with the notebook is the amount of heat it generates.

The processor is a fast Intel Core i5-460M (2.53GHz) that can easily play HD movies or edit videos. The very strong ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5830 graphics card along with 4GB of RAM can play new games like StarCraft 2 on high to ultra high settings, so you’re losing no versatility. A 500GB hard drive is decently large, and while a bit small compared to alternatives it should still be sufficient for a reasonable amount of time.. It’s the same story with the 15.6in (1,366×768 resolution) screen.

People aren’t hearing all the music. ENVY 15 changes everything. The outcome of a meeting of like-minded souls at HP and Interscope Records, HP ENVY 15 beats limited edition seeks first, last and always to reveal the full sound of today’s digital music including the most sonically demanding rock, hip hop and R&B. Designed for professional and aspiring DJs who demand the best, ENVY beats delivers all the, clarity and deep bass today’s top artists and producers [url=http://www.laptopbatteryretail.com/compaq-510-battery.html]Compaq 510 battery[/url] want you to hear. With everything you need to spin digital from underground design to audio accessories to mixing software, you’ll rock the club like never before.

It features one of the most advanced mobile processors in the form of the Intel i7, which runs at 1.6Ghz and will chew through virtually every task you throw at it. If you want to go insane you can install up to 16GB of RAM into the HP Envy 15, although doing so will set you back a considerable amount and will be overkill. However, it is nice to know that the road for upgrading is well and truly open.

As the high end machines, HP also completed the laptop with huge of useful features, such as Kensington® MicroSaver lock slot, full versions of Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements, Microsoft Office 2010 Starter, Microsoft Security Essentials, HP 3D DriveGuard, Adobe® Reader®, Windows® Live™ Essentials, Cyberlink DVD Suite, Microsoft’s Games For Windows Marketplace and much more.

Where the Envy 15 really shines is its Beats audio system. HP took extra care to isolate the audio components on the motherboard to avoid the interference that can result in static on some PCs, and it also added an amplifier and DSP to boost and enhance the audio. The results on the built-in speakers are good—volume and clarity are above average. Plug the Envy 15 into external speakers or a good set of headphones, though, and you’ll find the audio is nothing short of astounding for a notebook. We listened to a number of tunes by Dr. Dre on the Beats headphones that are available with [url=http://www.laptopbatteryretail.com/compaq-610-battery.html]Compaq 610 battery[/url] the special Beats Edition of the, and the clarity and punch of the tunes was superb. Even on a pair of stock iPod earbuds, the music sounded great. Hitting Fn-B to toggle off the Beats enhancements shows that the system is adding significant depth and additional bass to the audio.

For everyday use, the HP Envy 15’s stock components are more than fine, and HD media playback, video and photo editing, and even moderate gaming should be no problem. The AMD Radeon 7690M GPU ran Street Fighter IV at full 1080p resolution at 41.9 frames per second, so most current games will play acceptably, although you may have to turn down the resolution of graphics options to more mainstream settings.

HP ENVY 15 NOTEBOOK -Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit ,Envy Instant On Solution, Corel VideoStudio Pro X2, Corel Paintshop Pro X2, Stardock My Colors , Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-430M processor (2.26GHz, 3MB L2 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM, 320GB SATA HD, External Tray Super Multi 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support with 2 USB Ports , 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5830, 15.6″ diagonal [url=http://www.laptopbatteryretail.com/hp-compaq-business-notebook-6720s-battery.html]HP Compaq Business Notebook 6720s battery[/url] High Definition LED HP Brightview Widescreen Display (1366×768) , Webcam, Intel Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth.

The HP Envy 15 line’s name is wonderfully cheeky. While the intention is to imply that others will “envy” people who own these stylish, high-end laptops, the line’s similarity in design to Apple’s MacBook series makes for an amusing double meaning. Stylish enough to take on Apple’s MacBook, the Envy 15 backs up its good looks with excellent performance, superb audio, and great ergonomics. If you don’t need an all-day, this is a dream machine.

The biggest improvement in the new Envy 15 is the inclusion of a physical volume control wheel. Real-world volume controls are very rare. Occasionally, you’ll get a couple of tiny volume-up/volume-down buttons above the keyboard, or a few years ago, capacitive [url=http://www.laptopbatteryretail.com/hp-compaq-business-notebook-6730s-battery.html]HP Compaq Business Notebook 6730s battery[/url] touch strips were popular (but never responsive enough to use). Most of the time, you’re stuck fumbling with alternative functions of the Fn keys for volume and muting.

Overall, the HP Envy 15 is a best-in-class notebook. It offers excellent performance, a superb screen, stellar audio, and comfortable ergonomics. It’s not a good choice for long flights or other extended usage away from wall sockets. But for those who spend most of their computing time plugged in, it’s a superb choice. It offers top-notch performance that doesn’t come in a large, weighty package.

Related Battery Code:[url=http://www.laptopbatteryretail.com/hp-rt06-battery.html]HP RT06[/url],[url=http://www.laptopbatteryretail.com/sony-vgp-bpl14-battery.html]Sony VGP-BPL14[/url],[url=http://www.laptopbatteryretail.com/sony-vgp-bps14-battery.html]Sony VGP-BPS14[/url],[url=http://www.laptopbatteryretail.com/sony-vgp-bpl12-battery.html]Sony VGP-BPL12[/url],[url=http://www.laptopbatteryretail.com/sony-vgp-bps12-battery.html]Sony VGP-BPS12[/url],
© Copyright 2012 Alice (vivianyuru at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867934-Review-Of-HP-ENVY-15-Laptop-PC