*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867951-A-Vampires-Eternal-Broken-Heart
by Remy
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1867951
The horror of a vampiric break up.
The past few months had been a whirlwind for Mark, as his relationship with Carol spiraled up to the heavens. When he met her at the diner where she worked, he didn't think he had a chance, but three months later, he realized that she was the one for him.

As he set the table, and lit the candles for dinner, he realized his throat was constricting in nervousness at his plans for tonight.

"I have to do this," He thought. "I have to end it with Rebecca, if I'm going to be able to be true to Carol."

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang, and he opened it to find Rebecca standing there, wearing the same little black dress she'd been wearing the day he first met her, her red hair falling to her shoulders, matching the red polish on her fingernails.

"Hey sexy," She said, flashing her perfect smile at him as she glided past, into the room.

"Hi, Becca."

"That sounded kind of flat, is something wrong?" She asked, frowning at his rather dull greeting.

"How about we talk after dinner?"

"Sure honey, whatever you say."

During the quiet dinner, Rebecca noticed that Mark barely touched his food, and she worried that something was wrong.

"Maybe he got bad news." She thought glumly. She didn't like it when he was in a bad mood, she preferred to have fun, and serious Mark wasn't fun at all.

After dinner, they went into his living room, and sat together on the couch. Turning towards him, Rebecca asked the questions which were on her mind.

"What's wrong dear? Did you get some kind of bad news?"

"No, not exactly. Listen, we've been seeing each other for a few years now, and it's been fun, but... I've met someone else. "

Swallowing hard, she leveled an icy glare at him. "Who?" She demanded.

"Uhmm, it wasn't something I had planned, it just happened. She's a really nice girl, and we just sort of hit -"

"I want to know who!" She yelled.

"Her name is Carol, she works the night shift at the diner on first street." He stammered.

"I see," She replied quietly, before lashing out, and striking him with the back of her hand.



Mark slowly returned to consciousness, his mind slow to grasp his surroundings.

"Damn, she can hit." He thought, trying to rub his jaw where she had hit him. "What the hell?" He exclaimed, as he realized his hands were tied.

"The hell hasn't begun, yet." He heard Rebecca's cool voice say.

Focusing his vision, he looked towards her voice, and choked back a scream. Rebecca was standing to his left and tied up at her feet was an unconscious Carol.

"What are you going to do to her?" He asked, panic beginning to set in.

"She's going to be your first torture, the first of a long eternity." She smiled.

As he watched, she reached down, and dragged a nail across Carol's arm, slicing skin and drawing blood. The sight made him attempt to flinch away, but his eyes were drawn back as he smelled Carol's blood.

"You're hungry, aren't you?" Rebecca asked him, her voice sensual and coy.

"What are you talking about? What's going on? How can I smell her blood?" He screamed.

Smiling flirtatiously she walked over to him, effortlessly dragging the helpless Carol behind her. "Well Sexy, these past few years, you've been dating a vampire, and now, you're a vampire too. See how simple that is?"

Horrified, he couldn't believe what he had heard, and shook his head to try and clear it.

In shock, he watched her pick up Carol with one hand, extending the bleeding arm towards his mouth with the other. Unable to turn away from her eyes, normally a crystal blue, now as black as onyx, he tasted Carol's blood as her arm was held up to his mouth. Against his will, he drank, and he felt his canines growing, forming fangs.

"Good, good, now finish her, kill the one you 'love'." Rebecca whispered, as she took away Carol's arm and replaced it with her throat.

Greedily, he bit into it, tearing away her flesh with his teeth, draining her, and relishing the warmth of her blood being forced into his mouth by her still beating heart. He drank until she was an empty shell, and then, his thirst sated, he fell into a deep sleep.



Waking slowly, Mark felt the sun's decent below the horizon. Laying back, he wondered what had brought on the nightmare he'd just suffered, and scrubbed his face with his hands to remove the remnants of it from his mind. Feeling something sticky, he looked at his hands, and found them caked in blood. Looking around, he found Carol's body, and dried blood all around him. He fell to the floor and attempted to cry, as he cradled Carol's lifeless body to him, but no tears came from his dead eyes.



In the birth of the night, he screamed for the torture of the previous night, and for the tortures he was sure awaited him for the rest of his undead life.
© Copyright 2012 Remy (remyql at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867951-A-Vampires-Eternal-Broken-Heart