*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867994-Morning-The-Beginning
by Keiken
Rated: 18+ · Other · Death · #1867994
Adam takes his life to war, FOR NOW.
Mines went off and the next platoon advanced to the enemies zone. I followed, carrying my 12inch blade, and my Ak47 on my back.
"Shoot! Take cover!" Captain Monroe yelled. I knew the commands were absolute, but my life isn't important. I continued, cutting the enemy's throats off. Ten of them down, I guess that was the last of them... I looked at my hands, blood soaked and walked back to my platoon.
"Damn you lieutenant! I told you not to advance, yet you defy my orders and kill the few soldiers remaining. Although I must say, you are a gallant fellow, especially since your just 19!"
"Don't flatter me Monroe, going lets get. We gotta set up a signal quickly, before anymore of these strays come." I responded. These Japs were very pitiful, fighting for the nation who had abandoned them on the mountains.
"I don't think we'll be seeing anymore of them. So tell me Adam, what brought you into this piece of shit?"
"Lets just say that I've always wanted to come to Japan, but I never actually had the chance."
"You got balls to come for such a dumb-ass reason, no offense Adam. I didn't want to be here, I wanted be home, feeding my kids, and making love with my lovely wife..." The captain said. I tapped his back and got back to business. The mountains were off, but the trees surrounding were beautiful. Sakura trees I think. We found a trench, probably where the Japs got messages and started to establish communication with the UN. The foot soldiers finished connecting the wires and we were on.
"Good afternoon General, What are your orders?" Monroe went on and on, until we got our final orders. I implicitly asked for permission to leave, and he approved. My feet walked up the mountainous steps and eventually wandered near an edge. There was a Sakura tree there, near the edge. About 17 feet if I should say so myself. I leaned against it and stared at sundown. It was a beauty, no wonder Eve was addicted to it. A grin found its way on my face, along with a tear. A cry that could only be heard from the distance, my soul dying out... How could I live without my Eve. The skies held no answers, and God only held false promises of salvation. I could never save her, never...
"Bang!" the bullet went, past the trees and through my brain. It was gone, light, life, and most importantly, Eve... Damn it! I was dead, thats what I thought until I saw him. A man, my age and strong built. He took my corpse, and dragged it to a place where I could find peace. The place where I could become strong and truly gallant, to Lucifer's laboratory.

TO BE CONTINUED IN : MORNING: THE NIGHT STRIKES FAST.
© Copyright 2012 Keiken (kendegan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1867994-Morning-The-Beginning