*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1869630-Monster-In-The-Woods
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Tree
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1869630
Chapter Two
Monster In The Woods

Chapter Two

I looked up and up and up, it was so tall!
The monster had the head and torso of a human man and the body of a spider - complete with eight legs. It also had an extra pair of arms with scythes instead of hands; the hands on his other pair of arms had scales all the way up to its elbows. Attached to its abdomen was three tails; the middle one was like a scorpion's with a big, deadly looking stinger at the end of it. The other two had sharp arrowheads on them.
Its torso was completely naked, exposing lots of muscles and abs. His cheek bones had a strange bump and curve to it.
His eyes were a deep, blood-red. They looked hungry.
It started leaning in.
It spread its four arms, blocking off the sides.
There was a soft flapping noise and then a pair of beautiful black angel wings appeared from behind it. So it could fly too?
Its ink-black hair brushed my cheeks, it was so close.
I could smell its scent; it was so sweet, mouth watering. I wanted more.
I inhaled, leaning into it.
So sweet...
It leaned in till its nose was nearly touching my cheek.
It inhaled deeply with its eyes closed.
Its eyes snapped open.
The monsters eyes fixed onto mine.
That made me forget its gorgeous scent and made my stomach clench in fear.
It smiled to reveal glistening wet, dagger sharp teeth.
It growled, still smiling; I bet it could smell my fear.
It moved forward and opened its mouth to release a gut-retching hiss. I could see some kind of pincers inside its mouth that was covered in a deep purple gunk.
It pulled back a little and opened its mouth wider; it was going to lung at me!
I scrambled back just in time as its fangs clamped around the air I had been in just a few mere seconds ago.
It snarled and stared angrily at me underneath its long tufts of hair.
I couldn't see where the monster ended in the dingy grey fog that had blanketed over the forest.
I hurried to my feet and pounded through the creepy forest.
The monster released a ground rattling roar.
I glanced over my shoulder to see it bring its head back down to stare hungrily at me. A smile flickered around the edge of its lip.
"You can run! But you can't hide!" Its voice echoed around me.
It threw its head back and laughed up at the night sky.
I stopped staring at it and focused on not hitting anything.
I could hear it galloping behind me.
I forced myself not to look back, afraid that I would fall over.
It stopped.
I threatened a glance over my shoulder.
It wasn't there.
Crunch!
I whipped my head round to see the monster in front of me.
It must have jumped over me!
I gasped and skidded to a stop in front of it.
It flashed me an evil smile before it pounced on me.
It crushed its abdomen to my legs making them useless, then it pinned my arms to the ground with its hands.
It leaned in and inhaled deeply.
I tossed and turned underneath it, trying fruitlessly to wriggle free.
I threw my head to the side, hopefully protecting my face from harm.
"Mmmmh..." it breathed, "you smell so gooood..."
© Copyright 2012 Tree (beingofnature at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1869630-Monster-In-The-Woods