*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870586-May-in-Wonderland--Part-2
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1870586
A Pokémon version of "Alice in Wonderland", with some differences from the original story.
May in Wonderland- Part 2

NOTE: I did not come up with the idea for this story. I did write it, but a friend named Sean suggested the idea. I believe in giving credit where its due, and this man is a friend of mine. My thanks to him for the idea, it led to a good story and an in-progress sequel, which will be uploaded here upon it's completion. ALSO, if you haven't read Part 1 of this story yet, I strongly urge you to do so, otherwise you won't really understand this story.


May sat in Misty's bedroom, nervously awaiting the moment when she would have to fight the three witches. Misty, noticing May's fear, walked over to her, picked her up, and held her in the palm of her hand.

"Don't worry." Misty said reassuringly. "I'm sure you'll win- you've got your Pokemon to help you!"

May sighed. "I just don't know how I'm supposed to beat three witches at the same time. I mean, my Pokemon are really strong, but witches are strong, too."

"Let me give you some advice." Misty said. "Evil witches are cold-blooded, meaning that they're really weak against fire. So, it would be smart to use a Fire-Type Pokemon if you have one."

"Wow, really?" May asked. "That's going to be useful..."

Misty looked at the clock on the wall. It was 2:00PM.

"It's time." Misty said. Getting up, she left the room with May, and went into a rather large room. She then set May down on the floor, in front of Misty's three sisters, all of whom were grinning wickedly.

"Ready to die, tiny?" The blonde-haired witch asked May fiendishly.

"You're the ones who are going down!" May shouted in response. All three witches laughed upon hearing May's words.

"Is everyone ready?" Misty asked. May and the witches nodded.

"Okay, begin!" Misty said.

"Go, Glaceon and Combuskin!" May shouted, releasing the two Pokemon from their Poke Balls.

"This is going to be too easy." The blonde-haired witch said, raising her foot above May.

"Glaceon, use "Shadow Ball" on that foot!" May ordered. Glaceon quickly shot a "Shadow Ball" at the blonde-haired witch's foot, causing her to lose her balance and fall, knocking the other two down as well. May quickly got out of the way.

"Now, Combuskin, use "Fire Spin" on that blonde-haired girl's face!" May ordered. Combuskin nodded, and quickly shot a "Fire Spin" into the face of the blonde-haired witch, who screamed in agony. All three witches quickly got up, the blonde-haired witch looking quite angry.

"You'll pay for that!" The blonde-haired witch yelled, pointing a finger at May and shooting a purple beam at her. May quickly dodged the beam.

"Another "Shadow Ball", Glaceon!" May ordered. Glaceon then shot another "Shadow Ball" at the blonde-haired witch, who shot another purple beam right into the "Shadow Ball". The collision of the attacks caused an explosion that knocked the blonde-haired witch out cold.

"One down, two to go!" May said, much more confident now that she had successfully knocked out one of the witches.

"You little prick!" The red-haired witch shouted. "I'll make you pay for hurting my sister!"

She began to run torwards May.

"Glaceon, use "Ice Beam" on the ground!" May ordered. Glaceon then froze the floor, causing the red-haired witch to slip and fall onto the ground.

"Combuskin, use "Fire Spin" on the red-haired girl's face!" May said. Combuskin nodded, then shot a powerful "Fire Spin" into the face of the red-haired witch, who screamed in pain, then fainted.

"Only one more left!" May said confidently.

"You're not going to beat me!" The blue haired witch yelled, running forward and shooting a purple beam at May, who quickly dodged it.

"Glaceon, use "Ice Shard"!" May said. Glaceon then shot an "Ice Shard" at the blue-haired witch, who tripped, hit the wall, and fainted. May couldn't believe it- she had won!

"Well done, May!" Misty said, walking over to May and picking her up, holding her and her Pokemon in the palm of her hand. "I knew you could do it!"

"I can't believe I won!" May said happily. "Now I can be returned to my normal size!"

"Well, the Spell Reversal potion won't be finished until tomorrow morning." Misty pointed out. "But once it's finished, and you and that Pikachu are back to your normal size, then you can leave."

"I don't think so." said a voice from behind them. Turning around, May saw that all three witches were back on their feet. All of them looked very angry.

"A deal's a deal, you three." Misty said sternly to her sisters. "May won, and I'm returning her and the Pikachu back to their normal sizes and letting them leave tomorrow."

"We don't care. Those two are going to be our slaves, Misty, and you can't stop us."

"I'm afraid not." said a voice from behind them. Everyone turned around. Standing in the doorway were two Machoke.

"Who are you?" May asked.

"We're with the local Law Enforcement agency. You three are under arrest for kidnapping." One of the Machoke said.

"You called the police?" The blonde-haired witch asked Misty in shock.

"Yes, I did. I knew you three wouldn't own up to our agreement, so I contacted the local Law Enforcement agency."

"We're your sisters!" The blue-haired witch shouted. "You can't do this!"

"Sorry, but I can't let you three get away with this." Misty said sternly.

"You'll pay for this, Misty!" All three witches yelled as the two Machoke escorted all three witches out of the room. Misty sighed.

"I wish it hadn't come to this." she said, going back into her bedroom with May and sitting down on her bed. "Still, they need to learn their lesson."

"I'm sorry, Misty. I'm sure that must have been really hard for you." May said.

"Oh, it's okay." Misty said. "They'll be out of prison in a few weeks. For now, let's focus on getting you and the Pikachu back to your normal sizes!"

"Sounds good to me!" May said happily. At long last, she was going to be returned to her normal size.

It was a bright, sunny morning as a normal-sized May and clothed Pikachu stood outside of the Witch's Castle, bidding farewell to Misty.

"It was nice meeting you, Misty." May said, shaking hands with her. "I can't thank you enough for your help!"

"Oh, it was nothing." Misty said, blushing slightly.

"Umm, May?" The clothed Pikachu said, poking her in the back. "Wasn't there something that you wanted to ask Misty?"

"Oh, yeah, that's right!" May said, her question coming back to her. "Misty, I was wondering if you had any idea how I could get back to my own world?"

Misty thought for a moment. "Well, yes, there is a way." She said, looking up. "If you visit the Queen of Hearts, she can hold a trial to decide whether or not to send you back home, and if you win, she'll return you to your world."

"They hold trials for these sort of things?" May asked, shocked. "I didn't know people have come to this world by accident before..."

"Oh, yes, people wander into Wonderland at least once a month." Misty said.

"Wonderland? So that's what this place is called..." May said. "So, how do I find the Queen of Hearts?"

"When you leave here, just keep going right, and you'll find the Queen's castle eventually." Misty said.

"Great! We should probably get going now, then." May said. (Note that May said "we" because the clothed Pikachu had decided to travel with her.)

"Goodbye, then!" Misty said, as May and the clothed Pikachu made their way away from the Witch's Castle. "Have a safe trip!"

"Hey, Pikachu?" May asked the clothed Pokemon as they turned right at a fork in the path. "I wanted to ask you something too, if that's okay."

"Go right ahead." The clothed Pikachu responded, looking a little startled.

"Back in the Witch's Castle, you said that you were a high-ranking government official, right?"

"Yes, that is correct. Why do you ask?"

"Well, if the highest form of government in this world is the Queen of Hearts, and you're a high-ranking government official, doesn't that mean that you work for her?"

"Yes, I do." The clothed Pikachu responded proudly. "I am the Queen's advisor."

"But wouldn't that mean that you already knew about those trials Misty mentioned? Why didn't you tell me about them?" May asked.

The clothed Pikachu sighed. "In all honesty, my dear girl, I was hoping we wouldn't have to resort to a trial."

"Huh? Why not?" May asked.

"Well, you see, the Queen of Hearts is a very cruel woman." The clothed Pikachu explained. "She doesn't like foreigners at all, and they hardly ever win in court. She usually just imprisons them."

"Oh, really?" May asked. She was starting to feel a little nervous. What if she didn't win? What if she was doomed to be stuck here forever?

Many hours passed as May and the clothed Pikachu made their way along the path. After a while, May was starting to get very hungry. In fact, she felt like she was smelling food nearby...wait, she was!

"Hey, do you smell something?" May asked the clothed Pikachu, who nodded.

Suddenly, the silhoutte of a castle became visible. May became very excited.

"All right, we're here!" May shouted excitedly, running torwards the castle as fast as she could. "I bet someone's cooking something good up there!"

"Hey, wait up!" The clothed Pikachu yelled, running after May. But May couldn't stop: the delicious smell of cooking food coming from the castle was just too much for her to resist. She ran as fast as she could, following the smell of cooking food, and eventually, she reached a wooden door. She opened the door, and stepped inside.

She was inside of a kitchen: a relatively small one. A delicious smell was wafting through the air. It seemed to be coming from a nearby stove, in front of which the chef(who looked oddly familiar to May) was cooking.

"Wow, it smells great in here!" May exclaimed.

Suddenly, there was a loud POP!, and May's Munchlax came bursting out of it's Poke Ball. Noticing all of the surrounding food, it instantly dived at the oven knocking over the chef and climbing onto the oven to eat the food that was cooking.

"Hey! Munchlax, stop it! Stop!" May yelled, running over and attempting to restrain the Pokemon. But she couldn't: right after it had finished eating what was cooking on the stove, it jumped over to another table, and devoured everything on it within minutes. May hadn't noticed, but the chef had recently fled the kitchen.

"Hey! What's going on here?!" Yelled a voice from behind May. Turning around, both May and Munchlax saw that the chef had returned, with two security guards(two Machamp wearing armor).

"Okay, you're coming with us!" Yelled one of the Machamp, walking torwards May. All May could do was gulp, petrified with fear.

Today was not a very good day for our hero at all. It day been a week since May was imprisoned within the Queen’s castle, and that week had been filled with horrified worrying for May. She could not help but wonder if she would ever she her friends and her brother again. Would she ever return home? Or would she be imprisoned within the Queen’s castle forever? Well, today was the day when that would all be decided. Today was the day of the trial that would decide May’s fate.

As May sat in the defendant’s stand in the courtroom, shaking slightly in her nervousness, she turned to the Machamp guard who was keeping an eye on her.

“Excuse me.” she asked. The Machamp turned to her. “Do many people ever win these trials?”

“Are you kidding?” the Machamp said, chuckling. “Nobody’s ever won in court for 16 years!”

“Thanks, that’s really calmed me down…” May said miserably, looking down at her lap.

“Don’t worry, May. You forget that I play a strong part in the ruling of these trials.” The clothed Pikachu said, from his seat next to the judge’s stand. “I promise you, I won’t let the Queen send you back into the cellars. You haven’t really done anything wrong, you know.”

“I just hope the court realizes that…” May said, sighing.

The courtroom was slowly filling up with people, or rather, people and Pokemon. Both species seemed to have equal intelligence in this world. After about 10 or 15 minutes, the courtroom was filled completely. Only the judge’s stand remained empty. A few more minutes passed. Then, suddenly, the doors opened once again, and a man stepped into the courtroom.

This man had a rather comical physical build, his head was perfectly round, with small, beady eyes and a large, white mustache protruding from a rather small, rounded nose. The man was also very short.(he pretty much looked exactly like the guy from the Monopoly board games, except without the top hat and different clothes). He wore long, black robes. Judging by his appearance, this man was undoubtedly the judge. He took his seat in the judge’s stand, coughed, and banged his hammer once for silence.

“All rise!” said a nearby guard. Everyone stood up.

“Thank you. You may be seated.” The judge said. Everyone sat back down. May was a little confused.

“Pardon me,” May said to the judge. He turned to May, a look of slight offense on his face. “Isn’t the Queen supposed to be here before the trial can start?”

“Dear girl, the Queen is far too important and too busy to attend to these trials herself. The Queen’s advisor(he nodded at the clothed Pikachu) is a representative for the Queen. Now please, do not speak unless you are granted permission to do so.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know..” May said, leaning back in her seat. The judge turned back to the stands.

“This girl, May, is on trial for trespassing and causing a disturbance in the Queen’s kitchen. Now, would the first witness kindly come up to the stand?”

At that moment, the chef from the kitchen stood up, went over to the witness stand, and took a seat.

“Sir, would you please explain what happened?” The judge asked.

“Well,” the man began, “I was cooking as usual, when suddenly I heard a noise behind me, and I saw this girl’s Munchlax attack me and eat all of the food that I had prepared!”

Everyone gasped. The judge stared at May, a horrified glint in his tiny eyes.

“YOUR Munchlax? So it was your servant, your personal slave?! My God, forcing a Pokemon to be a slave to a human is even more horrendous than the crime that you are being trialed for!”

“Hey, hang on!” May said. “Munchlax isn’t my slave, it’s my friend!”

“I remember seeing her trapping the poor thing in a weird red and white ball…” the chef said.

“Outragous!” The judge said. “You hold your so-called ‘friend’ prisoner in some wicked electronic ball?!”

“I’m not holding Munchlax prisoner, that’s stupid!” May said. “Sometimes he even comes out of the Poke Ball on his own!”

“Your excuses will not sway my decision, you foolish girl. I know you are not from this world, but the things you have done are inexcusible!”

“YOU PEOPLE AREN’T BEING FAIR AT ALL!” May shouted angrily. Then quite suddenly, she began to grow, and her rage quickly turned into horror.

“Oh, no! Not here! Not now!” she said desperately, staring at her constantly growing form in horror.

“What are you doing, you foolish girl? You have no right to grow in this courtroom! Where are your manners?”

“I can’t help it!” May shouted desperately.

“We cannot have a constantly growing girl in this world, your honor.” The clothed Pikachu pointed out.

The judge stared at May, then at the clothed Pikachu, then at May again. He didn’t know what to do!

“Oh, very well!” he shouted, giving in at last. “I hereby return you to your world. Now be gone!”

Then, the judge slammed his hammer, and everything around May went black.

As everything came back to May, she noticed that her surroundings were different. She kept her eyes shut. She felt as though she was laying in a sleeping bag. The air around her was soft and cool, comforting. May then opened her eyes. She was outside, and she was in a sleeping bag. She sat up, and looked around. There they were- Ash, Brock, and Max, all sleeping peacefully in their sleeping bags. May couldn’t believe it- she was home! But then, something else came to her mind.

“…Was it all just a dream?” she asked herself. There was only one way to find out.

After about 30 to 45 minutes of walking, May came across exactly what she was looking for- the cave where she had first entered that other strange world. She went inside, and followed the path that she had taken before. But she didn’t see a crystal hallway, with doors of all sizes and a huge fountain.

“So it was all just a dream…” May said sadly.

She was happy to be out of that wacky world, but she had had some fun there. And none of it was real…and that meant that the clothed Pikachu, one of her few friends in that world, wasn’t real either.

May stood in the cave in silence for a while. Eventually, sunlight began filling the cave. After about an hour or so, she heard her friends calling her name.

“May? Where are you? May!”

May sighed. She turned to leave the cave. Then, she heard something…an echo coming from inside the cave.

“I won’t forget you, May.”

May turned around. At the back of the cave was a figure, covered by shadow. May recognized the figure instantly. She then smiled.

“I won’t forget you either, old friend.” She said softly. She then turned around, and left the cave. She didn’t know how she had entered that strange world, but she knew two things…that it was real, and that she would return there again…some day.

The End
© Copyright 2012 Chris Anderson (cadadosky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870586-May-in-Wonderland--Part-2