*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870737-Anticdote
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #1870737
The story of Anthony Franjo, need I say more?
1
         The doors to the chain bookstore opened and a wave of cheering and applause poured out like a tsunami. A weaker man, one who hadn't experienced this type of event before may have been swept away in the flood of admiration. Anthony Franjo was used to it now, though two years ago, when he was just a small town minister, the greeting surprised him and made him uncomfortable around the crowd of fans. Franjo had gone from nobody to New York Times Bestselling Author in a few weeks time, when his series based on the Book of Daniel based in modern times hit the shelves and Oprah wrote about it in her magazine and some other woman blogged about it and it sold a few million copies.
         Now he was touring the country, three weeks after the release of the second novel in his series. He'd lost track of the number of Magpie Bookstores his tour had taken him too, and his mind wandered as he walked to the display they had set up, next to the cafe, in exactly the same spot as the other locations. Franjo waved to the crowd and sat down, smiling at the first woman in line who skipped forward to the table and thrust her book forward, already open to the title page.
         "Good afternoon, miss," said Franjo, popping the cap off the fine point, quick drying pen and flipping it over in his fingers.
© Copyright 2012 GorGoromles (dedwinhedon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870737-Anticdote