*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1871175-Oblivious
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Dannie
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1871175
Nearly killed by bad boy Kane, He is wanted by many because of the things he has done.


I felt his cold sharp fangs pierce the first layer of skin on my warm neck. My blood trickled slowly down my neck as he drained me, his cold breath sent shivers down my spine. The world stopped in that moment as my body went limp and he drew his lips away from my neck and held me like a fragile child in his arms. He gazed into my eyes before he laid me on the damp cold grass.

“I’m sorry.” Was all he whispered before he disappeared behind the thousands of trees that surrounded us, he just left me there to die.

The first thing I noticed when I opened my eyes was that I wasn’t in the woods anymore, the walls around me were made of stone and looked fairly old. I was laying on something incredibly comfy, I looked down and realised I was lying on a 4 post bed with open blood red curtains on either side. There was a flat screen hung on the wall opposite me; there was a bed side table at the right hand side of my bed with a little note one it.

I swung my legs around so I was sat on the edge of the bed. I looked around the room again and noticed that there was only one window and one door. The window was about 4 feet wide and 4 feet long, it let in enough light to fill the whole room.  The door was massive and made of old oak, it had swirls and circles as a pattern; it also had large golden hoops as the door handles. I took one last glance around the room and wondered where on earth I could be.

I leaned other to the bed side table and picked up the little note that was laid neatly on it. I gazed at the old curly writing that was on the paper, the writing looked as if it was written in an old fountain pen.

Come down stairs, we need to talk.

That was all the little yellow said. I laid the note back on the bed side table and stood up while stretching my aching body. I walked over to the large window to see what it looked like outside. The sun was burning down on a field that was surrounded by a line of trees; they looked as if they were protecting the building. I stared out the window for a couple more minutes before I gave up on trying to look beyond the trees to see where I was.



I turned around and headed towards the big old oak door. I put my hand on the cold gold handle and pulled open the heavy door with all my strength. As soon as the door opened I realised I was in some sort of castle. The hall way was filled with statues of knights and guilds hanging on the walls. The carpet didn’t touch both sides of the walls and it was a deep red colour. The walls were all made of old stone.



I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me. I took one last look around before I made my way down stairs. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I took a right into what looked like the living room. When I walked into the room the first thing I noticed was the huge fireplace on the right hand side, the fire was light giving the room a calm warm glow. In front on the fire two people were sat on a brown leather sofa talking. On the walls were pictures of kings and queens and other varies of pictures. In the far corner was a knight.



“Hello?” I questioned wondering if I was supposed to say anything.



The one on the left turned rounded and smiled. He had fairly short brown hair and was wearing a plain t-shirt with jeans. I noticed his eyes were a grey colour and his skin was pale. As soon as I realised what he was I began to get scared. I know what these people are capable of.  I started to back away.



“It’s okay we won’t hurt you. We have been waiting for you to wake up so we can talk” he said politely smiling.



“ok.” I said in nearly a whisper.



“Come sit down dear, I’m Damon and this is my brother hanzel.” He said gesturing towards the spare seat in front of them.



“I’m Belinda.” I said while walking to the seat they pointed at. They seem friendly enough maybe they won’t hurt me like they said, I’m sure they can explain what is going on and where I am. I sat down and played with my fingers, it was a nervous habit.



“Where am I?” I questioned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two brothers looked at each other as if to silently discuss something, then they turned back to me and smiled.

"My dear, you are in Seattle."  Damon said still holding that perfect smile.

"H-How did i get here?" i questioned. "The last thing i remember was being in the woods with Kane, He was sucking the life out of me; literally."

Damon smiled " Me and Hanzel were out hunting the night Kane took you. Kane is one of the bad vampires he lures Innocent girls in with his charms, he always takes them to the same woods just outside of Seattle. Me and my brother were told to watch his behaviour because he is wanted my the vampire police." He sighed, "On the night he took you we were close by watching you, we saw what he did and as soon as he left we rushed over to you. He sucked nearly all your life out of you but we managed to save you but that came at a price." He finished then smiled at me.

So that's how they saved me and that's were I am. I looked down at my fingers and suddenly noticed how pale they were. They said they saved me but it came at a price, what price?

"What price?" the two brothers looked at each other then gulped. Please don't tell me I'm one of them now. I can't be one of them, I can't kill things just so I can live, I can't be one of them i just can't. i stared at them expectantly.

Hanzel spoke up for the first time, " Well to save you, we had to turn you into a vampire. It was the only way. We are terribly sorry."

That's just what i expected to hear but yet it came as a shock. I'm a vampire and there is nothing i can do about it. I stood up slowly, turned around and ran back upstairs to my room. I opened the door as fast as I could and then slammed it behind me. I rang over to my bed and laid face down with my head in my pillows and just cried. I don't know how long I was crying for but the next thing i knew someone was knocking on my door. I sat up with my back on the backboard of the bed and shouted for them to come in.

The door opened slowly and Damon walked in with a solemn look plastered on his face. He sat on the edge of my bed and turned to face me, I sighed "So I'm a vampire?"

"Yes dear, we are sorry but it was the only way to save you." he replied.

"I understand. You said Kane is wanted, how are you planning on catching him?" I questioned.

"Well dear, we will need your help for that. Kane looks for young beautiful innocent girls to feed on, and your just that. Our plan is to take you somewhere so he can find you and then when he begins to try and charm you we will come out of our hiding place and capture him." He stopped to take a breath before carrying on. "Once we have captured him we can take him to prison were he will stay for a very long time." Once he had finished speaking he looked up at me, I nodded to show I was listening.

"What if i fall for his charms again?" I questioned not sure what would happen if i did.

"Well hopefully it wont have the same effect on you because you are now a vampire. If it does have an effect on you that is a bad sign." he said sternly.

"Why is that a bad sign?" I wondered.

"If he can charm you even though your a vampire that means he could control you and make you do whatever you want. Although it could also mean you are his soul-mate, every vampire has the power the charm an ordinary human but a vampire can only charm another vampire if they are really powerful or if the vampires are soul-mates." He explained.

"Okay. So how and when are we going to capture him?" I asked excited. I'm going to help solve a crime who wouldn't be excited.

"Tomorrow, we are going to go down to the forest and send out a signal to him so he comes. If everything goes to plan he will be locked up by midnight." Damon finished smiling.

We sat there for about a hour just talking about the plan and things Kane has done in his past. We were inturupted by Hanzel knocking on the door and telling us our dinner was ready, we both stood up reluctantly and made our way down stairs.

The rest of the evening went pretty much the same, all of us talking about the plan. When I looked up at the clock that was on the far wall I realised how tired i had become; I said goodnight to Hanzel and Damon then made my way to my bedroom.

I laid in bed daydreaming about the mission we were going on tomorrow, the same thing kept running through my head what if it goes wrong?

Its the night we capture Kane, im scared that our plan is going to go wrong. Damon and Hanzel have been telling me over and over that it is going to be fine but what if they are wrong? They can't be certain.

Damon and I are stood near the gigantic oak door waiting for Hanzel to come downstairs with the tools they will need to capture Kane. Damon is tapping his foot against the hard wood flooring getting impatience, I'm stood with my arms folded across my chest getting bored of waiting he has been upstairs for nearly twenty minutes, it cant take that long to get a freaking bag. I heard walking at the top of the stairs so i turned around to see Hanzel walking down the stairs with a black leather bag over his shoulder.

"Finaly. Come on lets go." Damon said breaking the silence.

Damon opened the big front doors and led us down the stairs towards a big black mustang. Damon and Hanzel got in the front seats while i climbed into the back. Damon started the engine and drove out of the courtyard.

I stared out of the window gazing at the passing trees, It isn't so bad being a vampire even though i have only been one for a day or two. Damon has been teaching me to feed, its really easy actually, I can't hunt yet so Hanzel hunts our food and Damon and I suck the blood out of it. I have been told that human blood tastes so much nicer but it is against the vampire law. I felt my self drifting into sleep as i gazed out the window.

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder.I blinked a couple of times to focus my vison, Hanzel was shaking me.

"Good you're awake, we are here." he said while stepping away from the car so i could climb out.

I looked around to see that we were in a forest that wasn't to far away from our home. The trees were nearly ten feet tall and surrounded us giving the sensation that we were trapped. Damon was stood a couple of steps away from us, he turned around to face us and smiled before he started walking towards us.

"You know the plan don't you?" He questioned as soon as he was in front of me.

"Yep." I replied popping the 'p'.

"Don't forget to act charmed, if getting charmed feels to real show this signal," He put one hand on the back of his head and opened his mouth ", and then we will know we need to step in." he finished nodding.

I shook my head to say i understood. Damon patted me on the back as a signal for me to go. The plan was that i would walk ten meters into the woods were a daisy patch was and i would sit there and wait for Kane to show up. It sounded boring but Damon had assured me that Kane will notice that I'm there within the first five minutes so it wouldn't be that long a wait.

I began walking towards the daisy patch as slow as I could. I reached the daisy patch and sat down with me legs crossed as insturcted. I was wearing a low cut pale white t-shirt with black jeans so I was fairly comfy. I looked around were i was sat, all i could was trees but in one of the trees Hanzel and Damon were sat on the high up branches watching my every move.

After a couple of minuites I started to get bored so i decided to make some daisy chains; I spent about five minuites just making daisy chains before something caught my eye. I saw someone walking towards me, the figure looked fimarly, then it hit me it was Kane he was finaly here.

I stood like planned and waited for him to get closer. He noticed that i had stood up and ran towards me, in a matter of seconds he was stood infront of me.

"So we meet again." Kane whispered seductivly in my ear sending a shiver down my spine.

He grabbed my left hand and laced our fingers together, he put his free hand on the small of my back pulling me closer to him. This was all part of his charms and so far everything was going as planned, that was until he placed little kisses along my neck and along my jaw; each kiss left a little pool of fire on my skin im sure this wasn't supposed to be happening. I went to put my right hand on the back of my head but Kane grabbed my hand and placed it on his back. His charms were working on me and i began to panic, my eyes darted franticly looking for a way to get out of his grip.

Then I remembered what Damon said about vampire's charming other vampire's; they had to be ethier really powerfull or soul mates. Kane wasn't old enough to be that power full so that ment he was my soul mate.

"You know we belong together baby." he whispered in my ear sending sparks through my body. It was like he read my mind.

I turned my head so I was facing him our lips were inches apart. Kane was looking deep into my eyes making me melt in his arms. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Damon and Hanzel jump down from the tree and begin to creep up behind us. Kane kept kissing my neck and nibbling my ear, I was under his spell and i was loving it.

"Kane, there going to get you. There going to take you away from me. Dont let them." I whispered in his ear.

His head shot up and he spined around so he was facing Damon and Hanzel, He had one of his hands over my chest to stop them getting to me. Damon's eyes went wide, this wasn't part of their plan and they knew it.

"What do you think your doing!" Kane said in a low growl.

"Kane you are under arrest for harming innocent girls and taking their lifes. Please come with us so we can take you to the cells." Damon said with shaky breath, it was oviobiuos that he was scared.

"I dont think so. Belinda is mine, we are soul mates." Kane smirked at them. What happened next i didn't expect, Kane started to move closer to them fangs drawn with a evil glint in his eyes. He pounced on Damon and sank his fangs deep into his neck, he could hear gargling coming from him. After a few seconds Kane moved his mouth and Damon dropped lifeless to the floor. Hanzel glared at Kane with silent tears rolling down his cheeks. Kane turned to Hanzel and did the exact same thing, I let out a little sob and fell to my knees. What have i done?

Kane came over to me and cradled me in his arms and led me towards Damon's car. He opened  the passanger side door and sat me down like a fraglie doll, he closed my door and walked round to the drivers side. He sat down and turned to face me.

"Dont worry darling, your safe with me. We are soul mates i have to look after you for eterntiy. I'll love you forever and always and you'll be my speical princess." He said smiling with a glint of love in his eyes.

I smiled at him overwhelmed by his charm, I could fall in love with him. Im going to be living with him for the rest of my life, he may have killed my friends but i will learn to love him. I gazed out of the window as he drove towards were ever he lives. I guess this is it for me, all of eternity with a murderer who happens to be my soul mate.

I sighed.

© Copyright 2012 Dannie (dannienimz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1871175-Oblivious