*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1871548-Camping-in-the-Rain
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #1871548
Sometimes the rain keeps you home.
Camping in the Rain

By: Bikerider



Tom heard the door close and knew Ellie was home from work. He walked into the kitchen and saw her standing at the window staring out at the driving rain. He walked up behind her and put his arms around her waist and pulled her to him.

"Lousy weather," she said quietly and frowned.

"It's kind of romantic," he said, nuzzling her neck.

"Romantic?" She wiggled away from him. "Our weekend camping trip is ruined."

"Maybe not." His eyes sparkled with mischief.

"Look outside!" She pushed a blond curl off her forehead.

"It's not raining at my campsite."

"You can't stop the rain, Tom."

"Really?" He took her hand and led her from the room. "Come with me."

Standing in front of the closed bedroom door, Tom smiled and said, "Close your eyes." When she had closed her eyes he said, "You've been looking forward to this weekend and I'm not going to let you be disappointed."

The sounds of chirping birds and a babbling brook replaced the squeak of the door hinge as Tom pushed it open.

"Okay, open your eyes."

Her eyes grew wide as she looked around the room. All the furniture had been removed.



"But where did...how did you...?" was all she could muster as she stepped onto the green fake-grass carpet. Their bedroom had been transformed into a campsite.

"I did it while you were at work. I borrowed the trees and bushes from my friend's plant nursery," he said and followed her into the room. The aroma of rose bushes and blooming citrus trees, all growing in large pots, filled the room. "And the campfire was easy, I Googled it."

Flames leaped across the screen of an iPad propped up on the floor in front of a domed two-person tent. Two sleeping bags were inside, open and inviting. A sturdy table with two folding chairs sat in the corner. Woodland sounds floated from hidden speakers connected to an iPod. "What do you think?"

Ellie threw her arms around her husband's neck and kissed him passionately.



"Wow," Tom said when their kiss ended. "I love the effect camping has on you."

"What effect?" She tilted her head and smiled shyly.

"You were pretty hot during our last camping trip." He put his hands on her hips and gently tugged her blouse free of her skirt and pressed himself against her. His steel-grey eyes never left hers.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She blinked her eyes slowly.

Tom nuzzled her neck and then sucked at the sensitive spot where it met her shoulder. "Sure you do," he mumbled against her soft skin.

"Do not." She felt his arousal against her stomach and rolled her hips against him.

"Don't you remember the last camping trip?" He gave her a knowing look.

"Yeah, it was awful."

His hands moved under her blouse, sliding up her sides. She kissed him and moaned against his mouth. He picked her up by the waist and turned around and sat her on the table in the corner, pushed her knees apart and stepped between them. "Was it, really?"

"Yes, terrible." She pressed her lips against his and let her tongue wander.

When their lips parted he whispered in her ear. "Terrible? I remember you being very sexy."

"I thought it sucked." Her warm breath caressed Tom's cheek.

A sexy visual bubbled up in his memory and he felt his stomach tighten. Her slender fingers entwined behind his neck and she pulled him to her for a lingering kiss.

She felt the cool air on the curves of her bare breasts as he unbuttoned her blouse and pushed it aside. He leaned down and sucked a pebbled nipple into his warm mouth, swirling his tongue in circles. Her grasp tightened against the back of his head.

He made random patterns with his fingers on her bare back as he moved to her other breast and began to gently bite her nipple. Her skin tingled as his fingers moved around to her rib cage and then found their way down to her thighs. He tilted his head back and looked at her. Her eyes were glazed, her lips were swollen, her blouse hung loosely from her shoulders. Her chest heaved with each breath she took. "I love it when we go camping," he whispered.

"Do you?" She leaned back against the wall and watched his hands grasp the hem of her skirt and roll it up to her waist. Her eyes widened as he unzipped his pants and let them slide to the floor. Seeing he was ready for her she smiled, and then gasped as she felt him press himself against her hot center.

His look of surprise was priceless when she looked at him and said, "No." They were both panting.

"You're not serious?"

"I am serious." She wiggled off the table and took his hand and led him to the tent. She leaned in and then turned to him. "In here, we're camping aren't we?"

"I told you camping turns you on."

She smiled at him and then scooted inside. "You ain't seen nothin' yet," she said and tugged him into the tent.




Word count: 866. Submitted for Round 18, The Weekly Quickie. (Camping)



© Copyright 2012 Bikerider (bikerider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1871548-Camping-in-the-Rain