*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1872388-Divorce-is-war-war-is-Hell
Rated: · Poetry · Experience · #1872388
something that came out of me while going through my separation and divorce.
  After it hits the fan and all the bombs have dropped, the smoke and dust will clear, and there I'll be, still standing. Filthy, bloodied, full of open wounds and deep purple bruises, but standing. And when your scopes focus and you see my face, notice how I am gazing back at you, and how I am looking right at you, even from the distance you are from me. Look down a few inches, the smile will still be there.

    No matter how many bombs your army launches my way, whatever you throw at me, it will never do the damage you think it should. you could call off the whole war, pull back troops. a treaty could be reached and there could be peace on both our lands again. but some just want the war. I am not a soldier, I do not want to go into any battle. but i will not turn away and hide.


    Its not fair for any casualties to have to take place because of our demise. change happens, life happens, shit definitely happens but reacting to these things with all guns blazing, kill it all attitude, makes rebuilding impossible. especially for the next generation.
© Copyright 2012 joeKipp (joekipp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1872388-Divorce-is-war-war-is-Hell