*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1872889-Destination-Away
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1872889
Flash fiction- a woman who discovers a gold coin that zaps her to a tropical beach
Corey examined the gold medallion in her hand as she waded onto that mysterious tropical beach. This unfamiliar and exotic white beach simply did not exist a minute ago. "Where am I?", Corey asked aloud.

Today started out like any normal summer Sunday. After the usual screaming match with her verbally abusive husband, Corey went for a swim in the lake behind her North Carolina mountain cabin. Rattled with shaky hands she muttered, "I can't deal with this man much longer". The man hurled insults at Corey as the muffled sound of breaking beer bottles emanated from the cabin's den. Walking to the edge of the lake, Corey found in the shallow water some sort of gold medallion stamped with Greek letters. Before she could begin to examine the coin, there was a bright flash of light, and suddenly she found herself here at this tropical lagoon.

Bewildered, she stared at a monkey resting in the shade of some tall palms just off the beach. Only the soothing sound of waves gently washing on the beach could be heard, in addition to the rustling of palm trees in the warm breeze.

She waded away from the beach with the medallion, and another flash zapped her back to the cabin lake. "Hmm", she hummed. Then, she did an about face, and ended up back at the lagoon.

Corey undoubtedly discovered some sort of magic coin that had transported her to this tropical paradise. "Now this is what I'd call the perfect permanent weekend destination!" she yelled in excitement with a smile. Then she tossed the medallion behind her, as she watched it disappear under the turquoise sea.
© Copyright 2012 Llew Parry (phoenixtpa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1872889-Destination-Away