*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873124-God-With-Me
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1873124
What does it mean when we say God is with us?
God with Me?!


God with me. What an awesome thought. What a transformation this one truth brings on my perspective. Just think about WHO it is that has promised His presence. Realize this same God has promised to be with me in every circumstance of my life. Dwell on the fact He has promised to be with me. He is not nearby watching, He is right here with me in the middle of whatever I find myself involved in. He is not far off, waiting for my call; He is right beside me, closer than my dearest friend. God is with me. I don’t have to handle things on my own. I don’t have to rely on my limited supply of resources because God is with me and His resources are unlimited. When I am overwhelmed I need only remember God is with me. He is never taken by surprise and He never has to wonder what to do. He was doubted and questioned by the spiritual rulers of the day and they were never able to outwit Him; surely He can help me with children stuck in the “terrible twos or the tempestuous teens”. He has overcome sin, death and hell and this same God has promised to be with me. He spoke this world into being, surely He is creative enough to show me how to handle my seemingly impossible situation. He was in the desert forty days without bread and yet I dare to wonder if He can help me to better discipline myself in some area of my life? When am I going to really comprehend what it means that GOD is with me? God has never failed and He is with me.
God is with me. He is not there to mock me or beat up on me. He is there to comfort and to cheer me. He is there to protect me and keep me from going astray. When I blunder or fall flat on my face in my efforts at obedience and service, still God is with me. He is there to guide me when the way seems unclear. He is there with strength when the battle is long and hard or the journey becomes too much. God is with me when finances dry up and my courage begins to fail. God is right there to encourage and to provide my needs.
God is with me. Peace comes naturally when I keep in mind God is with me. Gone are doubts and fears. Questions arise but it is easier to wait on the answer when I realize God is with me. God is with me NOW. Not just yesterday but today. I don’t have to wait on Him to arrive tomorrow or the next day. God is with me here and now. Irregardless of the circumstances I am not alone. God is with me.
When I have prayed, trusted, obeyed and believed yet the answer doesn’t come still God is with me. He is not playing hide and seek when it seems He is so far away. He is right there involved in every detail of my life. Circumstances are desperate and the calendar says God is late; still God has been there all along. He never did leave me so how can He be late? He does not count time as we count time yet He is always on time. We may accuse the Lord of being late, but we always find His time is perfect. Sometimes He is even early and the answer arrives even before we realized the need.
God with me. What more could I want; what more could I need?

Lee Ann Davison

© Copyright 2012 kingsdaughter (donkeytime at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873124-God-With-Me