*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873315-The-idle-mindWhen-I-grow-upwill-write
Rated: E · Monologue · Activity · #1873315
My mind is idle, my imagination is poor, my literary style is scruffy and I want to write.
As the trite goes, 'an idle mind is the devil's workshop'. Is this hypothetic?

'If only I could write, if only I can!' Thus goes my mind. Pen and paper in hand, vacillate- writer's block they call it.

They say the mind sees what it wants to see. Mine sees a prolific writer, the ideal me! The mind sees, but doing? That's a completely different thing.



The close divide between trying and failing for trying and not trying for the fear of failing. In a world of judges, critiques, perfectionists; the thought of trying suddenly gives up. Is it a character flaw, or a deep psychological fear of the pessimistic anticipation or is the anticipated pessimism an end visualised to deter the act?



Writer's block. Can we call it so for one who is only a writer in his mind?

I think of praying, do you believe in prayers? Praying; the virtue that gives hope and the patience to hope. The hope that one day my hand becomes light and, pen and paper in hand, my fecund imagination will flow.



That's the flow of thought of an idle mind. Idling has become my biggest occupation, just sitting and thinking all day- a free thinking being!

But what is it that idlers, my ilk, think? Big aspirations made on the stern. Aspirations that give hallucinations a run.

Where would you place Idlers in the pyramid of life??
© Copyright 2012 rugenyi (fredrugenyi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873315-The-idle-mindWhen-I-grow-upwill-write