*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873357-Friends
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1873357
An acrostic poem about friendship and grief
Forgotten, forgotten by those who she thought she could trust the most, abandoned, betrayed, forgotten.

Reasons; she saw none for what had been done, yet there must have been something, something to give cause to such injustice.

Inside her heart of hearts she knew there was no cause for upset, her friends wouldn’t have abandoned her without a reason. But emotions have their own logic, utterly alien to ours.

Emotions rarely even follow their own logic, flying freely all over one’s heart. Even now, she felt love and hate, sadness and…relief?

Never before had she felt such anger at herself, for had she not just felt relief at the loss of her friends? She shouldn’t have done so, after all, she didn’t know if her friends had truly abandoned her. She sunk to her knees, and wept

Despair, she thought she knew despair, but she hadn’t. She had read about it, even felt what she thought was despair, but it wasn’t. This was despair.

Some people were approaching her now, her friends. Her friends had returned to her, she had been right. She was weeping now, but in joy this time, she had survived, her friends had come back. She was right.
© Copyright 2012 Jozarin (jozarin49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1873357-Friends