*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874531-One-Tract-Mind
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Action/Adventure · #1874531
Adian a sixteen year old, must protect the Russian ambassador's daughter.
One Tract Mind
By Jeffomomo                    

Prelude

         Have you ever wondered how some people get fixated on one goal? I know I do. Maybe I’m just a non-linear thinker. Maybe I’m just normal.  I’m Adian, pronounced A-Dee- an. Yea my mother was a bit out there but hey, she’s my mom you know? Anyways, I’m sixteen and my interests include girls, reading, and working. I know what you’re thinking, “Working? Working isn’t an interest, it’s a chore.” Well you know how they say if you do something you love, you’ll never work a day in your life? Well that’s what its like for me.
         I work for a Cell inside of the UNSCDF or the United Nations Security Council Defense Force. I work as a security contractor. This pretty much means I’m like James Bond, only without the accent and tank like sports cars. I’m sent in to do recon, HVT protection and other Non-clandestine missions. I know, hard to believe right? I sound like an Alex Cross wanna be. Only I’m the real deal. In my Cell are two other operatives.
James. My best friend since I was twelve. James is loud, offensive in both mannerisms and smell sometimes, not to mention the single greatest marksmen ever to grace the Earth. He once hit a target two miles down range the size of a grapefruit.
And Caroline, newest member of our Cell, she is another story. Often keeping to herself, she is by far the most persuasive person I have ever met. She was able to leave our training compound by telling the guard that she had a date in town with her best friend. Somehow she convinced him to give her a ride as well. It helps that she is 5’5”, fair skin, dark brown hair, turquois eyes, and a size 34-B (by far the most dangerous recon gathering mission James and I have ever been on.) So yes she has a natural advantage that me and James lack, well maybe just James.
I however am a fetching specimen if I do say so myself. I am 5’11’, have a toned body from an excessive amount of PT. Black Straight hair that that is currently shaved off. My special talent is that I’m the best at hand to hand combat in our eclectic group. I have mastered many different forms including basic karate, kick-boxing, and Ti Chi. I’m currently working towards mastering the Russian martial art of Sombo.
This is my story.


Chapter 1

         I woke up early to discover Caroline at the foot of my bed. Needless to say I was a bit confused when she shushed me and sat down on my legs and looked at me with a puzzled look on her face. I started to ask her what was wrong, but she cut me off and said, “Adian, do you think I am pretty?” I wasn’t sure what this was anymore. My male defense mechanism went into full alert. Something about the questions, “Am I pretty”, “Do I look okay?”, and “What do you think?” are always dangerous trigger questions, and because chances are the answer you give them isn’t the right one, you almost always lose.
I stare at her for a moment and answer with, “You are only as beautiful as you allow yourself to feel.”
         “I wanted an answer not a Chinese Proverb,” she said crossly. “Let me rephrase it for you then, do you find me attractive?”
         Ohh, now I’m screwed. My mind goes into full alert as I try to formulate a way out of this rapidly decaying situation. Then the annoying part of my brain that formulates logic and reasoning chimes in and says, “Just tell her the truth, she’ll either kill you or leave, and if you give her a bullshit answer she’ll probably kill you anyway.”
“Yes.”
“Yes?”
“That is what I just said right?”
“Yes.”
“Okay, anything else?”
“Nope.”
“I’m starting to lose feeling in my legs.”
         She looked down at my legs, which she was still sitting atop. She smiled and slid off of them. She walked to the door and turned around and said, “Thanks, you don’t even know how much that means.”
         Returning to her playful mood, she blew me a kiss and then walked out of my room.
         “I will never understand that girl, I swear.”
© Copyright 2012 Jeffomomo (jeffomomo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874531-One-Tract-Mind