*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874698-I-Use-To-Be
Rated: E · Poetry · Teen · #1874698
This is a poem I wrte about how I changed through the years I spent in foster care.
This girl you see is not the girl I use to be.



This girl you see with the broken heart, use to be a girl with a perfect heart.



This girl you see with the ghost of a smile, use to be a girl with the brightest of smiles.



This girl you see on her own, use to be girl with a friend by side at all times.



This girl you see with the dull lifeless eyes, use to be a girl with eyes full of laughter and joy.



This girl you see who pushes everyone away, use to be a girl who tried to keep everyone close.



This girl you see buried in lies and secrets, use to be a girl who blew all these things away.



This girl you see who self inflicts pain, use to be a girl who hated pain.



This girl you see who doesn't care about a thing, use to be a girl who cared about anything and everything.



This girl you see who depends on her music, use to be a girl who depended on the people around her.



This girl you see dying o the inside, use to be a girl who didn't have to pretend to be fine.



This girl you see who cries tears of blood, use to be a gilr who hardly ever cried.



This girl you seee running from her past, but hiding from her future, use to be a girl who just lived in the moment.



This girl you see writing away her pain, but holding it all in just the same, use to be a girl who wrote everything away.



This girl you see was not always the girl I use to be.

© Copyright 2012 Erika Cornett (xiledmusic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874698-I-Use-To-Be