*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874729-Gentleness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · LGBTQ+ · #1874729
My side of the story to Gentle Woman by faithsins on Fictionpress.com.
You may have read HER side of the story (Gentle Woman on fictionpress.com).  Now here is my side.  I cannot say it started out like any other day, because it did not.  In fact, the previous day had never really ended because I was way to nervous to sleep.  I mean talking online for a couple of months was one thing, but to actually meet the girl behind the computer?  TOTALLY MINDBLOWING! 

I was exhausted after spending the night tossing and turning thinking about the day to come.  I was worried about about what to say, what to do, what to wear, you know pre-date jitters.  When I woke up I walked away my new home aimlessly, trying to pass the time.  After a couple of hours, I finally started to try and get ready, carefully picking out my outfit for the night.  While getting dressed, I stressed about how to do my hair and make-up.  I am not a girly girl so this was a completely different experience for me. 

As my friend's mom helped me do my hair and make-up, I babbled.  What if she does not like me?  What if something horrible happens?  What if my parents see me and try to follow me(another story another time)?  My friend's mom calmed my fears telling me that even if something horrible did happen, God ALWAYS has a way of making things turn out great.

Knock Knock Knock I practically jumped out of my skin.  Here goes nothing I said to myself as I took a deep breath and opened the door.  I gasped in surprise and happiness.  She was oh so much more than I expected and ever hoped to dream.  She walked in smiling and quickly introduced herself to my friend's mom aleady knowing that she was one of the most important people in my life at that moment in time. 

We left quickly wanted to catch a bite to eat before seeing our movie.  I was in for a surprise when she opened the car door for me.  I smiled to myself.  Wow apparently chivalry is not dead or just something you see in old time movies. I thought it was going to be a one time occurrence but she continued to be chivalrous throughout the night.  After some debate, I personally think she was getting flustered that I did not care where we went to eat, it was decided to go to Braum's.  Again she surprised me by paying for me.  I know it might not seem like a big deal but for me it truly was.  I was not used to being treated like that by anyone, not even my own family.  I was not used to be that important to anybody, and it was one of the most amazing feelings ever.

As we ate we talked, never having a dull moment.  Nothing was too silly or too serious with us.  It seemed that anything went.  Eventually she started asking more personal things.  Inside I panicked.  I am not a person who easily trust anyone, my life has shown me not to.  However,  I trusted this woman who I barely even known, more than I trusted most people in my life.  I chose to answer her questions, holding nothing back, knowing that if I wanted for this to survive past tonight I needed to be honest.

After we finished eating, we went to our movie.  Yeah, yeah i know what you are thinking, Really the movies? I know it may be overdone but the movies are the perfect place to go on a first date.  I mean where else can a girl fight the jitters to hold hands with their date, think about how the date has been so far, and see something cool?  Nowhere else is where.

I sat in the dark of the theater wanting desperately to hold her hand, but scared to make the first move.  What if she rejected me?  Before I could make up my mind about what to do, she gently grabbed my hand and wrapped it up into her own.  I was overjoyed!  All to soon our hands fell away only to come together again a few moments later.  Finally, in a moment that our hands were apart, I took her hand and wrapped it in my own.  Slowly but carefully i drew patterns and shapes on her hand, smiling as she shivered under my touch. 

After the movie, we got some coffee, playful tasting each others drinks, making faces at the taste.  I had tried to buy some more time because I didn't want our night to end just yet.  No more time was given, but she was allowed to come back to the house to visit for another hour.  That another hour was pure bliss.  Our talking and laughter never seemed to cease, my smiling now permanently stuck on my face.  I had not smiled and certain not laughed that much for a very long time.  It was one of the best things knowing that those smiles and that laughter were aimed at that amazing woman.

When it came close to her time to leave she helped me take the trash to the curb, never letting go of my hand.  We stood at her car for a moment while we said our good-byes.  Before she got in the car, she leaned over and kissed me ever so softly on the cheek.  I froze for a half second, at first not sure that I imagined it or not, and was left wanting a little more.  As she closed the car door I leaned in and ask "When can I see you again?"  She laughed softly and smiled "Whenever is okay."

As she drove away, I smiled, already walking cloud nine.  I turned to my friend who was outside, waiting for me to come inside with her.  I smiled and nodded ever so slightly to her, watching the big grin on her face grow to be ear to ear.  She did not have to say it out loud because I already knew.  This relationship would turn into something very special and dear to me and I would finally see for the first time in a long time what it meant to be truly happy and loved.  *Heart*
© Copyright 2012 reader2011 (calgirl2011 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874729-Gentleness