*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874836-Living
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1874836
This is a piece I started as a free write. I'm not sure how long its gonna be quite yet.
The young teenage girl stood in the middle of the school hall, awkwardly avoiding the other students. She was dressed in the school uniform, a deep purple skirt with a white blouse. Her pale skin was contrasted by her bright blue eyes and stark red hair. Her black backpack hung close to her back, and her slender arms held a large chemistry book and a thin spiral.
The bell rang loudly as the swarm of students hurried towards their classes. The young girl turned and followed a small group of students into a classroom nearby. She found a desk near the back and sat down, slipping her backpack down onto the back of her chair. The girl turned her attention to the front of the room, where the metal plate sign read Ms. Thompson.
Several minutes late, the teacher hurried through the door, her brown-black hair frizzy and long. Ms.Thompson set her pile of books down on the desk and smoothed her hair down, breathing deeply before she began to speak.
"I'm Ms.Thompson, your french teacher," Ms. Thompson began. "I'm not much of a person for big long introductory speeches, so lets get to business." She reached across her desk for a clipboard marked as the roll sheet. Ms. Thompson began to read off names, all unfamiliar to the young girl.
"Alicia Monrae!" Ms. Thompson read, and the young teenage girl raised her hand shyly. Ms.Thompson smled at Alicia, who smiled back shyly. " Welcome to Rhododendron High, Alicia." Ms. Thompson said.
"Thanks." Alicia responded shyly, her voice small in the large classroom.
"Have you been assigned a Student Council member for your first day?" Mrs. Thompson asked Alicia.
Alicia shook her head meekly, wishing Mrs. Thompson would draw attention back to role.
"Well, we'll have Zach lead you around for today." Mrs. Thompson said, gesturing to a young man whose black hair fell across his eyes as he wrote in a small notebook on his desk.
© Copyright 2012 Rachel Dream (halfloved at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1874836-Living